Micronotch_v2 EA - page 7

fatoftheland:
Fiasco. Excellent EA This EA can survive in ranging and falling markets for a while as long as there are pull backs. But if it spends too long underneath the 200 moving average on an hour chart it threatens margin at some stage. So could you not include a switch off below 200MA? Like Super RSI. And possibly reverse logic for ea so that it goes short below 200MA? I use 1hr because it seems safer in backtest.

Thank you for your suggestions; but a tremendous degrading to the performance and result was noticed when filters are applied. Actually v4 has been doing very well even in downtrend market in both back and forward testing. V5 will be released this week which has an option to double lot size after each ten orders and so far the tests have been very well which increases profit dramatically while maintaining the safe side of the trading logic.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

I am always sceptic on this EA.

I attend a retracciament of the GBP $and we see what happens.

Too much beautiful to be true

Files:

V5

V5 is released attached to post#1, see if you like it. It is basicaly the same version as v4 but it will double lot size every 10 open orders.

That is very good idea put all EA's on post #1.

We don't have to read 1000+ pages.

Hi Fiasco

Nice work you have here. The problem is what is going to hapen when this uptrend ends.

Why only buys? Is it possible to have a version with setting for only sells? With that we could hedge some pairs.

Regards

Cross

Very Very Nice!

Hi fiasco,

I am having a play with Version 5 on a backtester. I have a dedicated SBFX demo which is always offline. I have loaded it with the Alpari data for accurate backtesting. It has never been a live account.

None of the versions trade on the backtester of this demo, I get the error,"trade on demo only". Can you tell me why this is happening?

Regardless of this the ea is fantastic. Seems less risky than 10.3 type ea's but just as profitable. Great work, but where to from here?

fiasco:
V5 is released attached to post#1, see if you like it. It is basicaly the same version as v4 but it will double lot size every 10 open orders.

I can't see PipStep in extern variables... Why?

Best regards

fatoftheland:
OR because price can drop like a stone from a high point above the 200MA only switch on currencies when Trendenvelopes is blue on the hour chart? This seems to avoid magin challenge in backtesting

This indicator TrendEnvelopes stays with trends, but in ranging it has losses.

If you keep it going all the time it seems to make back your loss plus a profit.

Its very basic system but during long periods of chop it could seriously damage an account.

But you would't use TrendEnvelopes on its own. The point is that this Micronotch EA survives/thrives in ranging and rising markets, its the downtrends that kill it so if Trendenvelopes turn Brown and down on an hour chart get out and switch off with a small loss.

Another way of using Trendenvelopes is to add a second indicator set to MA type 2 and Standard Deviation of 0.4. (which keeps you in the game longer) get out if both lines turn brown and down. In the strategy backtest on EUR/USD 1hr chart if you run the EA add in to the visual chart TrendEnvelopes. Watch the graph develop and you will see the equity challenged as the 2 brown lines turn down. 2 downturns in a row will usually margin out the account. Otherwise the EA appears to keep making money. (I couldn't get this method to work on the minute chart because of the frequency of direction changes which reduce or negate prior profits)

Its good to see how EA's cope with sudden changes in the market. A good example of adverse conditions was during a large spike down in the USD/JPY yesterday. Backtesting on this pair Micronotch v 3 and 4 would have just given back their weeks profit in terms of equity.(on 1hr chart more on 1 min chart). V5 would have surrendered half the equity on the account with the doubling up of orders.

Fiasco. Given the situation on the USD/JPY what would you do on Monday?? Leave the EA to recover or use the close order function??

Reason: