Rapid RSI

Hello to all,

I have come across an interesting idea concerning a further development of Welles Wilder's RSI. It's probable advantages are discussed in the document in the attachment.

Is somebody out there who is able to programm this indicator (Rapid RSI) into MT4 language?

Thanks in advance,

machiavelli

Files:
rapid_rsi.doc  641 kb

machiavelli:
Hello to all,

I have come across an interesting idea concerning a further development of Welles Wilder's RSI. It's probable advantages are discussed in the document in the attachment.

Is somebody out there who is able to programm this indicator (Rapid RSI) into MT4 language?

Thanks in advance,

machiavelli

I think this might be the one you are looking for.

Files:

Hi jperna21,

thank you very much for your fast and comprehensive help,

machiavelli

I will now be able to make an in-depth comparison between the "old" and the "rapid" RSI.

filtered rapid rsi

Found this old, old thread and wondered if rapid RSI would use filtered (smoothed) price instead of "raw" price.

Here is a comparison : upper is a regular (MaPeriod set to 1) and lower is with MaPeriod set to 5

It resembles to rsioma but since this one is not using the built in rsi but the "rapid rsi" calculation, it tends to be "faster" than rsioma

Files:

Interesting

Multi time frame rapid rsi of averages posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page276

Upgraded rapid rsi (easier to use, less CPU intensive) : rapid_rsi_3.mq4

Files:
Reason: