All Whipsaw indicators

can you please post any whipsaw indicatotrs that you have.

Thank you in advance

Teldon,

Believe it or not, MA's are whipsaw indicators. But I know what your thinking, "I need a whipsaw indicator for when my MA's are whipsawing" The whole idea is conceptual in nature and your best bet would be to use a longer time frame MA.

Good luck on your search, if you find one that actually does identify the difference between a whipsaw and a trend reversal, please pass it on... I promise to buy you an island as a token of my appreciation.:D

MM

Mr.Marketz:
Teldon,

Believe it or not, MA's are whipsaw indicators. But I know what your thinking, "I need a whipsaw indicator for when my MA's are whipsawing" The whole idea is conceptual in nature and your best bet would be to use a longer time frame MA.

Good luck on your search, if you find one that actually does identify the difference between a whipsaw and a trend reversal, please pass it on... I promise to buy you an island as a token of my appreciation.:D

MM

I way i see it. This forum is for sharing because if you have the best system sharing it would not depreciate it anyhow.

Now there are 2 wyas to tackle the forex business, follow trend and rip pure profits or utisize whipsaws with hedge startegies by the beautiful EA created by Blessfifth, V1+V2.

So if you have anything to share please do.

again sorry if i misunderstood you.

teldon:
again sorry if i misunderstood you.

Teldon,

I think you may have misunderstood me. What I'm trying to tell you is the kind of whipsaw indicator your looking for does not exist. As a matter of fact, it can never exist. You guys might as well use Moving Averages (MA's)... there is no way to identify a whipsaw or a trend reversal. You are looking for an indicator that is going to predict the future... at least that is the way I'm understanding you.

Maybe you can post a chart of the problem that you'd like to avoid, and I can see if I have any ideas for you.

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't have any magical indicator that will solve your problems... that's why I said if you find it, then share it with me. I said this jokingly of course, because this indicator does not exist.

Post a chart, and let me see if I can help you.

MM

thanks for making it clearer.

charts will not help, what iam using right now is ADX level 25 on a daily chart to confirm ranging and same adx on a shorter TF to validate ranging. Is there another indicator which can tell me that we are in ranging cycle . I am not predicting future . I want to know whether the market is ranging right now or not.

teldon:
thanks for making it clearer. charts will not help, what iam using right now is ADX level 25 on a daily chart to confirm ranging and same adx on a shorter TF to validate ranging. Is there another indicator which can tell me that we are in ranging cycle . I am not predicting future . I want to know whether the market is ranging right now or not.

You mean that you want the EA to know. You can tell if price is ranging or not just by looking at it (NO ADX required). I think I may have something for you.... be right back.

Here you go. Supposedly this is the HOT indicator right now for what you're trying to do. I personally don't see the fascination with it... but hey. If you need some specific details on the best way to utilize it, I would recommend contacting MINI ME. He seems to be the biggest fan of this indicator, so I'm assuming that he's getting some good mileage out of it.

MM

Files:

Keep it simple

teldon:
thanks for making it clearer. charts will not help, what iam using right now is ADX level 25 on a daily chart to confirm ranging and same adx on a shorter TF to validate ranging. Is there another indicator which can tell me that we are in ranging cycle . I am not predicting future . I want to know whether the market is ranging right now or not.

Teldon

It all comes down to personal preference but the best indicators for whipsaw are oscillators. Use a stochastic and experiment with varying values on different TF's.

How to know if market is ranging? Million answers but super simple. If you are already using MA's, you don't need some fancy indicator that yells at you "Ranging market"!. Your best indicator is price and when that is going sideways you MA will be flat and useless.

It's during this period a stochastic can be played from the extreme sides for scalping.

When price starts trending once more and adheres to the bias of one side MA, let the stochastic be your guide for better entries.

It's not a simple trick, just a trick that's simple.

FxN

Mr.Marketz:
You mean that you want the EA to know. You can tell if price is ranging or not just by looking at it (NO ADX required). I think I may have something for you.... be right back.

thank you for your input,I am using an EA which requires ranging market so I will maually turn on when i am sure that the market is ranging.thx again

Mr.Marketz:
Here you go. Supposedly this is the HOT indicator right now for what you're trying to do. I personally don't see the fascination with it... but hey. If you need some specific details on the best way to utilize it, I would recommend contacting MINI ME. He seems to be the biggest fan of this indicator, so I'm assuming that he's getting some good mileage out of it. MM

LoL I am not a fan, I just know this one works.

Personaly I use trend lines, volumes, fib levels and bolinger bands, the very basic tools nothing fancy.

I love to test things and see how they work but I don't use them on a live account, only when demo testing or if I had to test an EA in a live account

Reason: