MA cross/Price cross MA EA - page 13

mladen:
What is wrong with the EA from this post (just one example) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176978 ? One MA. One price. No 3 MAs. Did you actually test any of the EAs from this thread?

PS: if you use default setting (clBartoTest set to 1) then it works when the bar is closed (nothing to do with opening an order on a signal based on a still opened bar)

listen mladen , the problem is i am a extreme newbie when it comes to expert advisor i really dont know how to use them hehehehe but indicators i am an pro user of them i mean u make em i use em nicely lol no need for babysteps lol . so kindly tell me out of those list of eas which one is the one that uses one ma puhleaseee n also if possible just one time tell me step wise what should i put in settings inputs whatever it is, i know now how to use strategy tester with visual testing of the ea too hehehe but once i know how to use eas i can surely put in work n become a pro in using them. so bare with me on this new ea stuff, not being lazy or arrogant cuz i feel thats how its looking so tell ya what the problem is. hopefully u get it. a screen shot or stepwise guide one time would be good so humbly requesting the info thanks ya in advance.

lover:
listen mladen , the problem is i am a extreme newbie when it comes to expert advisor i really dont know how to use them hehehehe but indicators i am an pro user of them i mean u make em i use em nicely lol no need for babysteps lol . so kindly tell me out of those list of eas which one is the one that uses one ma puhleaseee n also if possible just one time tell me step wise what should i put in settings inputs whatever it is, i know now how to use strategy tester with visual testing of the ea too hehehe but once i know how to use eas i can surely put in work n become a pro in using them. so bare with me on this new ea stuff, not being lazy or arrogant cuz i feel thats how its looking so tell ya what the problem is. hopefully u get it. a screen shot or stepwise guide one time would be good so humbly requesting the info thanks ya in advance.

Lover, the EA on that post Mladen referred you to is the one using one MA there are others on the links provided on that thread that do the same.The lStopLoss and sStoploss are long and short stoploss. The lTakeProfit and sTakeProfit are the long and short Take profit. The lTrailingStop and sTrailingStop are the long and short trailing stop. On these you will need to set to your preference.

The EA uses a separate bar for the close price and the moving average called clBarToTest and maBarToTest if you want the EA to open a trade once price closes above or below the moving average, simply leave the settings as is. Set your ma period and ma mode as desired.

Also set your lot size to your preferred lot size setting, by default it is set to .10 lot size. Also make sure experts are enabled, on an open chart go to tools/options/expert advisors and make sure the boxes as shown in the picture are checked. Then install the EA on your chart with your before mentioned settings, you should get a smiley face in the top right hand section of the chart. What i usually do while forward demo testing is put the indicator or indicators the EA is using on the chart with the EA just to see the performance, but it is not required.Don't worry about the questions will help.

ps) there's also a thread here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176352 and here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

Files:
ea_setup.png  66 kb

mrtools:
Lover, the EA on that post Mladen referred you to is the one using one MA there are others on the links provided on that thread that do the same.The lStopLoss and sStoploss are long and short stoploss. The lTakeProfit and sTakeProfit are the long and short Take profit. The lTrailingStop and sTrailingStop are the long and short trailing stop. On these you will need to set to your preference.

The EA uses a separate bar for the close price and the moving average called clBarToTest and maBarToTest if you want the EA to open a trade once price closes above or below the moving average, simply leave the settings as is. Set your ma period and ma mode as desired.

Also set your lot size to your preferred lot size setting, by default it is set to .10 lot size. Also make sure experts are enabled, on an open chart go to tools/options/expert advisors and make sure the boxes as shown in the picture are checked. Then install the EA on your chart with your before mentioned settings, you should get a smiley face in the top right hand section of the chart. What i usually do while forward demo testing is put the indicator or indicators the EA is using on the chart with the EA just to see the performance, but it is not required.Don't worry about the questions will help.

ps) there's also a thread here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176352 and here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

Thanks for ur explaination, but one main confusion i want to clarify, ok on that post mrtools there are many eas saying ps1 ps2 ps3 ps4 and ps5 n then in the bottom of that post there is a ea attached to download directly, i am wondering which one to download which meets my one ma requirement, i have downloaded all of them, but if u point out which one from that list it will be amazing cuz many have tons of settings, i understand the clbar and other things, just point me which one has one ma as it has many eas on there

Files:

lover:
Thanks for ur explaination, but one main confusion i want to clarify, ok on that post mrtools there are many eas saying ps1 ps2 ps3 ps4 and ps5 n then in the bottom of that post there is a ea attached to download directly, i am wondering which one to download which meets my one ma requirement, i have downloaded all of them, but if u point out which one from that list it will be amazing cuz many have tons of settings, i understand the clbar and other things, just point me which one has one ma as it has many eas on there

Oh ok, the EA attached on the bottom of the post.

mrtools:
Oh ok, the EA attached on the bottom of the post.

ok i am confused with this settings i am putting screenshot i kindly need explaination as what these things do cuz long take profit long stop loss short tp n short sl i get it, i get the bar close should be 1 i get the ma period n type i get the time frame but my dear gurus i dont get the other settings n i dont get the idea that if take profit for long is 100 then how is it going to close the buy deal with the rate closed below the ma n vice versa can u please kindly bare with me n go through the setting explaination in regards to my goal dont wanna be a cry baby but puhleasee helps me out here.

Files:
1_4.jpg  32 kb
2_4.jpg  27 kb
3.jpg  27 kb
4_1.jpg  29 kb

lover:
ok i am confused with this settings i am putting screenshot i kindly need explaination as what these things do cuz long take profit long stop loss short tp n short sl i get it, i get the bar close should be 1 i get the ma period n type i get the time frame but my dear gurus i dont get the other settings n i dont get the idea that if take profit for long is 100 then how is it going to close the buy deal with the rate closed below the ma n vice versa can u please kindly bare with me n go through the setting explaination in regards to my goal dont wanna be a cry baby but puhleasee helps me out here.

lover

Why don't you simply try it out in visual back test and then it will be mich clearer what is it and how is it doing it. It is much better to see an EA works than to try to explain everything word by word

mladen:
lover Why don't you simply try it out in visual back test and then it will be mich clearer what is it and how is it doing it. It is much better to see an EA works than to try to explain everything word by word

it doesnt open buy when the rate closes above moving average but before it opens buy it needs to close the existing sell cuz i am from united states here broker do not let u run buy n sell deal at the same time. u have to close ur buy deal first before u open sell , so can u set it like that, as far as settings go i didnt touched nothing its running on default mode, but i ran it in 1 min for faster seeing what it is doing

Files:
4_2.jpg  62 kb

lover:
it doesnt open buy when the rate closes above moving average but before it opens buy it needs to close the existing sell cuz i am from united states here broker do not let u run buy n sell deal at the same time. u have to close ur buy deal first before u open sell , so can u set it like that, as far as settings go i didnt touched nothing its running on default mode, but i ran it in 1 min for faster seeing what it is doing

As far as I see from you remarks on the picture you actually do not need an EA that opens and closed orders when price crosses ma

mladen:
As far as I see from you remarks on the picture you actually do not need an EA that opens and closed orders when price crosses ma

in both of those circles i made it should have closed in the on going sell deal n opened up a buy deal n then when the rate closed below the ma it should have closed the buy deal n opened a sell n so on, duh i need the ea cuz i can do my studies while the ea is running in the back ground

lover:
in both of those circles i made it should have closed in the on going sell deal n opened up a buy deal n then when the rate closed below the ma it should have closed the buy deal n opened a sell n so on, duh i need the ea cuz i can do my studies while the ea is running in the back ground

That EA does not close positions when opposite cross happens (but ask mrtools, he made it) As far as I see it will be closed when a stop loss or take profit will be hit

Anyway, good luck with your quest for an EA that you need

all the best

Reason: