IS MT4 Metalang a Trojan

Why did Mcafee virus scan pointed that Metalang.exe (meta trader editor) is a Trojan?

See image?

Files:
mt4-trojan.gif  29 kb

I posted on this earlier as I had a similar alert with McAfee. See Metaquotes response.

omelette:
I posted on this earlier as I had a similar alert with McAfee. See Metaquotes response.

And you believe them? No wonder they offer it for free. They probably make more money stealing trading systems.

aegis:
And you believe them? No wonder they offer it for free. They probably make more money stealing trading systems.

It's true what they say.

You probably won't believe me either, as I do not give any arguments, but you should believe me.

I got this warning on McAfee about a week ago. I ran the VirusScan day days ago and the warning did not come up again.

Sometimes McAfee AntiVirus simply gets it wrong! This is one such occasion.

Use your common sense, ignore the warning and unquarantine those MT4 files that I see you have quarantine in the pic you posted. If you are a pc secruity freak then inform McAfee and Metaquotes about this mis-diagnosis.

If people are getting paranoid and we can't be sure of anything nowadays, just get a firewall and deny metalang.exe access to the net.

Simple really.

Sada

sadaloma:
If people are getting paranoid and we can't be sure of anything nowadays, just get a firewall and deny metalang.exe access to the net.

Simple really.

Sada

They're probably being truthful, nonetheless, my first action on reading their response was to do as you suggested 'cos you can never be too careful.....

Well, I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security, and already scan my system over and over, it doesn't detect any trojan. Is anybody with protection software other than McAfee experience the same?

I too get the same message about th Trojan (detected by Mcafee).

Status shows that it is moved.

Whne i lanuch the platform and and the MQ4 compiler the MT4 software sasy that it could not run the compiler.

Any solution?

Hello to you!

I don't use McAfee therefore I can't tell you anything about it.

Could be a f/p (false positve), just sent it to McAfee for examination.

I always do a countercheck since there is no perfect av-scanner.

Here is a list of free multi scanner engines:

a) http://virusscan.jotti.org (17 engines) but sometimes slow to get response

b) http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexx.html ( 31 engines )

They all offer free service for scanning suspicious files using several antivirus engines and you can do a quick countercheck. The quality of av-scanners is quite different especially when it comes to trojans!

I got NOD32 and I would recomend it over Macfee and Norton cause they update twice aday, and it does not slow the computer performance.

and i dont have a problem with MT4

Reason: