**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 91

Announcement

Like I said before. It wasn't just the question he asked but it was the approach as well. I don't want to re-hash this again. But it's important to be polite not be demanding to discuss it through email etc etc.

Anyway the issue is irrelevant with "Scalping" but relevant with "original" method.

So here is a summary of what is happening:

Lee will give me the EA this week on the "Scalping" method that has shown to have a lot of positive trades but too much DD on the few losers. He has tried different ideas such as exiting on the Max TF color change. That was the worst setting causing a hold time way too long and floating DD to choke a chicken. Also the losing positions when this max TF color change occurs is too much DD.

So we tried different ratios of TP:SL and it didn't look promising either. I will have the EA in my possession possibly tomorrow. I will test it with many different settings i.e. TP vs. SL. If it looks bad I will shelve it. It good then it will be available.

We are going to move forward with the "original method" this week and next week. This will be a breeze for Lee. It will allow you to choose to enter on one to four TF's that agree. It will allow you to exit based on the same. It will also allow you to exit based on % * ATR on the highest TF that was chosen as your entry.

Remember, this EA should work because so many members are showing profits with THIS method. Time will tell.........

Files:
3.gif  6 kb
3.htm  39 kb

Steinitz, the Modelling quality 25% ??

Can u please try to do it again with 90% or 80% !!

steinitz:

Lee will give me the EA this week on the "Scalping" method that has shown to have a lot of positive trades but too much DD on the few losers. He has tried different ideas such as exiting on the Max TF color change. That was the worst setting causing a hold time way too long and floating DD to choke a chicken. Also the losing positions when this max TF color change occurs is too much DD.

So we tried different ratios of TP:SL and it didn't look promising either. I will have the EA in my possession possibly tomorrow. I will test it with many different settings i.e. TP vs. SL. If it looks bad I will shelve it. It good then it will be available.

idea :

If you have lots of floating orders, playing with the ratio won't help you.

as I see it you have two options :

1-go with the trend, to avoid floating orders

Or

2-hedge the losing trades with double lots ( in the direction of the trend ) and close at break even.

EA announcement

Some more results with B/E SL. Tick data. Modeling questionable.

Igor's posts

Hello,

I am not familiar with your method, but I am sure that if Igor jumped on you, there is something valuable here:-) He has done this in the past, so to me it comes as no surprise. I followed his method for a few months and was in his chatroom. As soon as he saw that I had good ideas and suggestions, he started attacking me....and so on and so forth. So people, please don't pay attention to Igor and his followers that don't have a mind of their own...

He is a bitter, unhappy, lonely person. I think we should forgive him. And yes I did offer him some English language lessons, even though I am not a native speaker...he got really upset...

Best of luck in your endeavors!!!!!

EA announcement

I have had a good portion of a 1/2 day to fool around with trhe "Scalping Method" EA. Here are my observations:

1. The program is using 2.25GB of RAM and causing issues with virtual memory

2. Using a stop based on the highest TF changing colors on close is too much DD.

3. SL must be used

4. I have tried a B/E + 10 pips and results look promising

5. I have tried using TP targets and they work fine

6. This run you see will be based on 90% of ATR for TP

7. More work to be done with memory consumption, menu and % quality of test.

I am looking forward to the changes and of course building the second EA on the Original method

Files:
cabletick.gif  5 kb
cabletick.htm  45 kb

to mpower

Do not make things complex.

You won't get any friend here if people know what kind of guy you are!!!;)

Igor and Steinit have their own point with "MTF indicators" but not"eachother".

It doesn't need you to make fire between them.

for test on 59% to low

i think is better test 90%

here is a document for modelling quality 90%

Che, what does that mean? What does it test?

Praise where praise is due!

Don

I take my hat off to you in admiration for what you have achieved so far!

Keep up the good work.

steinitz:
I have had a good portion of a 1/2 day to fool around with trhe "Scalping Method" EA. Here are my observations:

1. The program is using 2.25GB of RAM and causing issues with virtual memory

2. Using a stop based on the highest TF changing colors on close is too much DD.

3. SL must be used

4. I have tried a B/E + 10 pips and results look promising

5. I have tried using TP targets and they work fine

6. This run you see will be based on 90% of ATR for TP

7. More work to be done with memory consumption, menu and % quality of test.

I am looking forward to the changes and of course building the second EA on the Original method
Reason: