**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 27

Usd/jpy

Just got my first actual alert looking to enter on a 30M but using the 15M drill down and received a bunch of alerts as the 15M was toggling back and forth. Looking to go long now.....

Last comment on this

When I was talking about that example with the month being one color and the week >>>>>>>>>> downwards being another color I wanted to add this.

If we see the monthly down to the 1hr for example being all blue we don't know what the yearly says. So if we just go off the weekly and ignore the monthly I think we are ok. We are not looking to scalp 200 pips here. If you are looking for big pips be careful of the weekly in this example because you just got a glimpse up a girls skirt since you were able to see the next higher TF being the monthly....

here is a clock to put on chart the time the entry i see same thing do you conside the blue box with the red dot a long signal

Files:
clock1.mq4  2 kb

I just went long on EUR/USD and EUR/CHF a few mins ago. Got signals.

tracej:
I just went long on EUR/USD and EUR/CHF a few mins ago. Got signals.

Looks like their both a no brainer on the 15M Tf entered on a 5M drill down.

Good job!

Don, are you using the 30 mins signals since its so close to the 1 hr? or do you drill down further to the 15 mins from the 1 hr? It seems the 30 min and 1 hr are too close together perhaps and it might be better to drill past it? Just curious about your thoughts on this.

tracej:
Don, are you using the 30 mins signals since its so close to the 1 hr? or do you drill down further to the 15 mins from the 1 hr? It seems the 30 min and 1 hr are too close together perhaps and it might be better to drill past it? Just curious about your thoughts on this.

I haven't been drilling for oil at all. Remember I have been lazy not looking at my screen and just jumping in. But when things get serious I will probably drill and yes you are correct to have a 4:1 ratio on drilling is preferred.

So yes you are once again correct to point that out!

Method to fine tune scalp entry

I have noticed if I drop the attached indicator over the top of the HAS 4 tf bars in the indicator window it can give a good visual of an entry point for the scalp. Try it out see if it helps your entries.

Well I deleted EUR/GBP off my list. I didn't realize it moves like 1 pip a year. LOL. Seems like you could never get up to 25 pips profit because it moves so damn slow.

tracej:
Well I deleted EUR/GBP off my list. I didn't realize it moves like 1 pip a year. LOL. Seems like you could never get up to 25 pips profit because it moves so damn slow.

Yes, but it ranges ever so beautifully! You could make a mint off of a properly crafted EA that takes advantage of the way this snail moves, even with an ATR of 10 pips a day! Sometimes I think I'd rather trade this pair and stay away from the Yen and all of it's other volatile unforgiving buddies.

Reason: