Yet Another Martingale System - page 3

Just waiting for my programmer to come online on MSN. Been waiting for him all morning. I am pushing to release at least preliminary version of the EA without all the bells and whistles at least. Just like everyone else, I am eager to test and try it out as well.

KillerKhan, I guess for your EA the leverage 1:500 is suitable...

Trader83:
KillerKhan, I guess for your EA the leverage 1:500 is suitable...

200:1 is fine in my opinion.

What is important is the broker must support hedging and also margin requirement for hedging must be similar to FXDD's

e.g. in FXDD when you buy and sell at the same time the margin used is 0 as long as they are same lots. If you have 2 buys 1 sell then you only require margin for the 1 buy the other 2 orders margin requirement cancels each other.

Not sure what other brokers do this, but that is key.

davidke20:
He means do not look too insight on the daily activity, which is uses ATR and try to calculate the daily range. Because during the ranging period, the market band is going narrow, where your martingale system will get cheated by the trading bound. You could have accumulated 3~4 orders before the real trend hitting in. At this time, if some sudden news really come in and create a market short, you'll have a big gap up/down and trigger your max trade to about 8~10 atleast, you'll become no turning back, close with loss? Losses to high, cant close; close with mild profit? What if the market continue trending my position's direction?

Few things you can do like V12 is widen the pip step; look in to the spread. If spread widen, do not continue take trade. Use algorithm to calculate the risk of how many previous opened trades in hand, and forecast the comming drawdown(expect the worst) of the next position. If you seeing the drawdown is going more than you can accept, basically its already a confirmed trend change, why not just cut off with minor loss?

As per observation on Jitterburg and Wave Rider(I dont know what is the current development stage of bluto, analysis based on last month bluto's posted result), Jitterburg has the main control of trend indicator. Where market is breaking certain range(could be internal calculation algorithm, not extern int), Jitterburg could have close off with mild profit/loss and pass the job to Wave Rider to run with the trend. Wave Rider very possible using EWO/trendline/Fibo Extension to determine the ranging period. Fibo extension of the 5th wave on C wave indicate a huge trend. As bluto explained earlier, both EA are SMSing each other information about the current market trend by passing around global variable to inform their BUSINESS partner what is the current market condition. EWO A+B and 1+2 is meant for the time for Jitterburg to smash the market, which C+3 appeared on the Fibo extended after 100%, the job will passes back to Wave Rider. Intelligent master piece, I admit I dont have that kind of skill to make this happened. Therefor, what I made on V12 is very limitted and could kill the account under certain circumstances...still...

Regards

David

David,

You have a fertile imagination and a zesty perception, but actually, what I said in my prior post was pretty straightforward and doesn't require interpretation. Your take on the inner workings of Jitterbug and WaveRider are also really way off the mark, but the hypothetical system you describe sounds pretty cool.

bluto:
David, You have a fertile imagination and a zesty perception, but actually, what I said in my prior post was pretty straightforward and doesn't require interpretation. Your take on the inner workings of Jitterbug and WaveRider are also really way off the mark, but the hypothetical system you describe sounds pretty cool.

why dont you enlighten us with some of your wisdom??

fxbs:

built-in security measures as simultaneous trade on multiple pairs, pause/stop (break) trading after certain continuous loss, stop/standby after certain drawback (loosing pair pauses next move and wait for other pairs to gain back specified margin level ) , etc

several russians successfully tested martingale over two years (simultaneous 6, 12 pairs, gold,cfds...)

PS. don't know about EA. flipping coin; some demo acc; AleksSilver - real acc. $25,000. viac.ru; alpari.ru

fxbs, sounds interesting. Can you give us some examples with currency names etc. So I can wrap my mind around it. thanks

If you can think of a better way to avoid this big of a move, please do let me know.

[QUOTE=

built-in security measures as simultaneous trade on multiple pairs, pause/stop (break) trading after certain continuous loss, stop/standby after certain drawback (loosing pair pauses next move and wait for other pairs to gain back specified margin level ) , etc

several russians successfully tested martingale over two years (simultaneous 6, 12 pairs, gold,cfds...)

PS. don't know about EA. flipping coin; some demo acc; AleksSilver - real acc. $25,000 depo. (viac.ru; alpari.ru)

simultaneously multiple pairs - less correlated possible + metals etc - don't remember- couple of years ago

i'll try to find it

I believe ive seen this implementation before, just cant put my finger on it...… ill look back or code it, nd do a quick backtest on mt5
Reason: