The "Grinder"

This is a very simple system, it works on all major pairs, probably on others, too.

5M bars are best, 15M work well but not as profitable.

This has been backtested extensively using Amibroker but not on a Forex platform as there is not yet an EA.

Here are the rules (working this system manually you have to be alert):

1. If the close of the current bar is less than the previous bar, go long at the close.

2. If the close of the current bar is greater than the previous bar, go short at the close.

3. In ANY case, profit or loss, stops or not, close the trade at the close of the bar (wait for the chart to tick over to the upcoming bar and close it out).

No trade lasts longer than 1 bar.

I don't yet know what accounts for it, but closing the trades after 1 bar makes the whole thing work.

Just to make it clear, if you have an open trade, close it out first then open the new position. If you get stopped, wait for the next setup.

For GPBUSD and USDCHF, no S/L or T/P.

For EURUSD, 5 pip stop only.

For USDJPY, no stops or 2 pip S/L only (better).

Backtesting:

Starting with $5k account, after 90 days (single lots only, no MM):

GPBUSD: $105K

USDCHF: $24K

USDJPY: $24K

EURUSD: $19.7K

I'm trying to trade this manually but to due my work schedule and available time it's difficult. An EA would be welcome.

WNW:
This is a very simple system, it works on all major pairs, probably on others, too.

This has been backtested extensively using Amibroker but not on a Forex platform as there is not yet an EA.

1. If the close of the current bar is less than the previous bar, go long at the close.

2. If the close of the current bar is greater than the previous bar, go short at the close.

3. In ANY case, profit or loss, stops or not, close the trade at the close of the bar (wait for the chart to tick over to the upcoming bar and close it out).

I don't yet know what accounts for it, but closing the trades after 1 bar makes the whole thing work.

Just to make it clear, if you have an open trade, close it out first then open the new position. If you get stopped, wait for the next setup.

Backtesting:

I'm trying to trade this manually but to due my work schedule and available time it's difficult. An EA would be welcome.

Hi WNW,

im testing few weeks Grid EAs from publick tds, but no one is based on this idea and i think, is lucky when u turn on and of. Were days i get 10% +, then days 10% down and so on. generaly i think, if u dont get panik, u can get profit if u off them in profit, cat $ down from acount and than again on, but is to stres jumping + - 20%. So GBPYEN i off yesterday, and GBPUSD i will off in monday maybe. But your idea can by interesting but to hard do with hads. I hope, someone more handy tell u if is it good idea or not, or program it.

I was thinking about ''Grid'' EA based on some idikator like WCCI or ASCTrend witch will putting in huge orders in signal and by change sig. back without TP/SL and end will by margin call and than multiclose. Generaly bay smal moves you dont get profit but big moves get u huge profit beck.

Just idea.

J

WNW:

Backtesting:

Will you not get killed because of the spread? What spread did you test with?

That's the problem.. without an EA I can't test it on a Forex platform.

Amibroker is for stocks, futures, etc., as is Metastock.

There's no way of figuring in a spread.

Manual longterm testing is the only alternative at this point.

This criteria "If the close of the current bar" is not a good way to trade. That means it will open many trades on the same bar. Also you have not mentioned any SL or TP.

I know that.

So it needs to be coded so it CAN trade at the close of the bar.

Maybe it can't be done, that's what I'm trying to determine.

I've posed this question a number of times on this forum with no response.

I did specifically state what stops to use where they are necessary.

Where there are no stops they are NOT necessary. I know it's different.

This thread was started to offer the forum members an opportunity to test this manually in real time and offer their results. I am hoping someone will think this has enough potential to code an EA for it.

WNW:
I know that.

So it needs to be coded so it CAN trade at the close of the bar.

Maybe it can't be done, that's what I'm trying to determine.

I've posed this question a number of times on this forum with no response.

I did specifically state what stops to use where they are necessary.

Where there are no stops they are NOT necessary. I know it's different.

This thread was started to offer the forum members an opportunity to test this manually in real time and offer their results. I am hoping someone will think this has enough potential to code an EA for it.

It is very simple to program. Anyone?

Could Igorad take a look at this?

ES

I have since proven this does not work.

Reason: