Guaranteed Hedge - page 3

Thats still martingale

teldon:
Ok , buy 1 lot , sell 1 lot,

pipstep lets say 50 pips,

losing trade adds 2 lots and the winning trade adds 1 lot.

this is where protect profit kicks in......

when the currency retraces the trades are taken out at an overall profit.

can this be coded?

any programmers ,,,,, for testing

Not raining on your parade mate but that still martingale.

Head over to the the 'Big profit with no Indicator ' thread and they have done that exact strategy. Don't forget to take into account that each time you open a new contract on each 'step' you bleed profit by way of spread the broker is taking also. For this reason you want your steps to be as big as possible.

This is still a very risky strategy and can blow your account with one bad run. True hedging starts with a determined number of lots according to money management and then exits out with a strategy in mind. The moment you start doubling or exponentially weighting one side to compensate you are violating MM and simpling utilizing martingale.

All the best with it.

FxN

teldon:
Ok , buy 1 lot , sell 1 lot,

pipstep lets say 50 pips,

losing trade adds 2 lots and the winning trade adds 1 lot.

this is where protect profit kicks in......

when the currency retraces the trades are taken out at an overall profit.

can this be coded?

any programmers ,,,,, for testing

Could this idea be used with more than one currency pair at a time? Such as hedging off of different currency pairs, rather than just itself?

Not raining on your parade mate but that still martingale.

Head over to the the 'Big profit with no Indicator ' thread and they have done that exact strategy. Don't forget to take into account that each time you open a new contract on each 'step' you bleed profit by way of spread the broker is taking also. For this reason you want your steps to be as big as possible.

This is still a very risky strategy and can blow your account with one bad run. True hedging starts with a determined number of lots according to money management and then exits out with a strategy in mind. The moment you start doubling or exponentially weighting one side to compensate you are violating MM and simpling utilizing martingale.

All the best with it.

i think the big profit with no indicator uses tp & sl but i am suggesting no tp & no sl .......it is worth a try ............................

Teldon

Teldon is referring to the blessing EA which is pure martingale. It works very well but will blow your account (some) day. An interesting idea is the grid ea's of which i like the 30 point system. The problem with grids is the plethora of open contracts left in it's wake. There have been attempts to close these down in some managed fashion but as far as i know, this is still an issue. Any grid uses some sort of hedging which really does work but has to be refined. I think Aleccoh has perfected this with his manual EA (order putter). I still believe that the successfull EA's are not on this or any other forum, the seed may have been planted here but someone is smoking the tree on his own....

daet:
....the seed may have been planted here but someone is smoking the tree on his own....

so here is just the nursery..... they go grow them up in their own garden.

how about,,if the market going down/up 300 pip?

hi teflon,,how ,,,if the market going up/down 300 pip or more without retrace?

your margin will be in big troble i think.

btw does anybody know how to anticipation that kind of market

jessica:
hi teflon,,how ,,,if the market going up/down 300 pip or more without retrace?

your margin will be in big troble i think.

btw does anybody know how to anticipation that kind of market

pip step 100 pips.

1 buy 1 sell -300 + 300

2 buy 1 sell -400 + 200

3 buy 1 sell -300 + 100

4 buy 1 sell

-1000 + 600 excluding spread but use micro and grow up slowly .

when it retraces it will lock profit and exit

This is the very thing we are doing with the "V1andV2" EAs. Check them out when you can and give input.

mikejody:
This is the very thing we are doing with the "V1andV2" EAs. Check them out when you can and give input.

i will thank you

I have created a strategy that is similar to this one what I have found is that getting a program that has multiple stop losses that can be adjusted to different points is a very good way to go. Trailing Stops are difficult because they don't gurantee a hedge.

Ex one stop loss is placed on both accounts so that one account doesn't go below 0. The other account is hedged so you end up with a loss of 0 all you have to do is make 20 or so pips on a volitile pair and you have made 10% of your account in a couple of hours. You would have the stop loss adjusted to doulble break even. Another stop loss is placed at 25% profit and another is placed at 50%. With this strategy I have been able to collect 300% returns in one trade only risking 5-10% of account per trade. If the stop losses aren't hit when they are adjusted you sell manually the next time that you see your computer.

P.S. I need a very simple EA ( or more than one Ea) that will open one buy order and one sell order at a specific time of day. If you could contact me at mgestring@hotmail.com we could work something out.

Reason: