Need an EA for "pyramiding the Trend" !

Hello everyone,

Till now i tried many martingale systems (Maji's Cost averaging EAs, 10 points3, Predator, Terminator, goblin, goblinbipolar, blessing martingale...) which always do the martingale progression when the first order is in loss (the idea behind is to wait to a little retracement).

Then i read this post :

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=11566&highlight=pyramid

I think this idea is really a good one because very low risk (and no risk at all after the second lvl is reach) and so you can add lots (or micro lots) without risking marging call or that the retracement doesn't occur with your settings (at it happened with other systems cause there can be big trend without retracement).

A good description of the almost risk free of the system is here :

http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=234557&postcount=109

I asked Mikhaildgreat but he answer me that his EA isn't ready now cause some bugs.

As there are many good programmers here and i think the idea of pyramiding the trend is a really good one, can we make together a good EA to share with the community ?

Dude, pyramidding is good when you have a 90% accuracy entry, and multiple level of equal accuracy entry to make it work. Below show an example for you,

Short 118.00 1.00lot

until market price dropped to 117.50, if market price retraced to 117.65 and meet certain entry condition(that think the market will continue go down)

Short again at 117.65 1.00lot

until market price dropped to 117.00, if market price retraced to 117.15 and meet certain entry condition(that think the market will continue go down)

Short again at 117.15 1.00lot

until market price hit RSI oversold or ATR power loss, bail 2/3 of the position, tighten the stop loss and kick in trailing stop for the rest of the position!

Above shows the perfect situation for pyramidding. What if the EA had a wrong analysis in between?! You'll end up with breakeven/ loss! I've never seen this kind of combination work so far, and my EA crashed 1 of my sub account too. Last year whole year I've only got 1 chance to make profit on the pyramidding, the ThanksGiving day Thanks god, now that account fully healed and breakingeven so far. Below attached backtest. You can see it works during super trend.

Regards,

David

Files:

I kepp on thinking it's a good idea

davidke20:
Dude, pyramidding is good when you have a 90% accuracy entry, and multiple level of equal accuracy entry to make it work. Below show an example for you,

Above shows the perfect situation for pyramidding. What if the EA had a wrong analysis in between?! You'll end up with breakeven/ loss! I've never seen this kind of combination work so far, and my EA crashed 1 of my sub account too. Last year whole year I've only got 1 chance to make profit on the pyramidding, the ThanksGiving day Thanks god, now that account fully healed and breakingeven so far. Below attached backtest. You can see it works during super trend.

Regards,

David

Hello David,

Look again at this post :

http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost.php?p=234557&postcount=109

If you choose the first progression, when you reach second lvl u are sure to avoid loss and when u reach higher lvls (3, 4..etc) you are sure to have profit even if the Trend change.

I hope that someone who can do good programs (MrTool, and many others that create or modify EA with great skillfullness) will do this EA so we will see if the system work (i mean i think it is working but i don't want to stay in front of my computer till the lvl 2 is reach the manualy modifiy the orders, then...etc).

SNIF SNIF Nobody want to create the EA ?

i am sure it could be a good idea.

davidke20:

Regards,

David

any chance of this expert david? - perky_z @ yahoo.com tah

Here is one that I wrote in about 20 minutes. It needs work.... is not profitable yet.

Files:
pyramid.mq4  6 kb

Thanks i will try it and perhap's modify to do wins (if i can)

tdion:
Here is one that I wrote in about 20 minutes. It needs work.... is not profitable yet.

Ok i try now (but on demo this time not on my real account).

Lol i see that u beguin with a little of your pipstalker code.

lol so I did.

We need good logic for entering/exiting trades. Right now it just reverses after a stopout. You can control the stopout/level sizes.

I modified the EA

Your Ea isn't doing exactly your pyramid.

Also i prefere the option where the lot are equivalent (not increasing) because u should finished with win and not breakeven (i prefere).

So i modified your EA in order that :

- you can choose the lot (i only have a real account of 260 $ because of big losses) and even mini or micro lot (0.1 and 0.01)

- you can choose the slippage (cause GBPJPY is more volatile for example)

this is the EA and some backtest (not good quality but u cant try to do it yourself).

BUT the EA isn't as you descrived your system.

I have to go to work but i will try to see again the EA.

Hi I was brought to this thread by Cijas... If you really want this pyramid idea go look for the ninja turtles EA somewhere in this forum.. this is one of the first EAs I made, and if you are familiar with the turtles strategy youll know that its highly dependent on pyramiding and big trends... I just havnt found the time to work on that EA because of so many other projects... But I hope can complete that thing sometime in the near future.. specially with this new interest of people on pyramiding.

Regards,

Mikhail

nOW I KNOW YOUR AVATER

LOL

I just saw Sin City on DVD for my 36th birthday and i know know who is your avatar !

Ok i will see but i already tried Turtles Ea and it wasn't good.

I will find the post and try again.

Reason: