95% profitable trades with this free EA. - page 2

Hello... I see that your backtest is 1 minutes.... 1 minute backtests are not reliable....

investor_me:
what is an acceptable testing period for an ea to move from backtesting to forward testing? 2 years? Or perhaps the longest time possible (1999.1.1 to today)?

I have an ea that produces amazing results in backtests for all major pairs since 1999.1.1. But one currency (gbpusd) showd loss from 2006.10.1 .

There seems to be no guarantees using backtests. Money mngmt is the key...

attatched r sample results,

gorinw9:
Hello... I see that your backtest is 1 minutes.... 1 minute backtests are not reliable....

It is independent of the timeframe. Nevertheless, forward tests seem to be similar with those results. I'm still forwawrd testing though.

developing progress, we're currently developing on it.

regards,

David

try 97% win rate....

FYI:

I have my private modified version of this sample, which generated the outstanding performance:

Profitable rate = 97%

Maximal drawdown = 4.97% ($1943)

Initial stoploss = 190 pip

Trailling stop = 30 pip

Average consecutive wins:loss trades = 26:1 (Max = 73:1)

Profit Factor = 6.19 (with only 1 lot for every trade)

Plus:

reversal when trade failed and try to re-entry....

Survival through news event (even NFP data)....

Email and Alert notify for entry and error.....bla bla bla bla...........

But......I undestood the fact after I finished it:

This result are OVER-OPTIMIZED (curve fitted) for GBPUSD 4H only.and I (or someone) don't know how many weeks can it survive in real live trade....

You may take it as you wish if you don't mine my ugly coding, but don't try to trade live without your supervising....

hi

please what the settings of it ..if any one have set file to share it

thank you

Do have anyone use this EA for trading real?

An Impressive Sniper Accurate Manual Trading System in the making

Here are the results from a demo account of a very simple manual trading system that I am working on and with impressive results so far with two different brokers. Not sure whether the results will be the same. Doing it on a demo account until I am satisfied and then move on to a live account. If the strategy stacks up, well I will let the forum know. For now keep tuned.

hi

hope your live result will be the same with your demo account

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Usually it will just fail badly.

I would rather choose an EA with up and down result

aegis:
If the system relies on the MACD to take you out of the trade, why do you need a stop loss? That is the stop loss.

But what if there were floating position(s), and there is connection problem between your terminal and the server and takes minutes or hours to resolve it, or your PC/VPS got hardware problem and need to be turned off for a while.

The EA wouldn't know what happens in the market and unable to do anything(it won't even be running if the PC/VPS need to be turned off)

If there is spike or sudden reversal during this offline time which goes against you, Stop Loss will protect you from getting too much loss (for some people trading w/ high risk will protect them from getting margin calls)

For example, a few months ago i was waiting for my position to get 150pips profit( i already got 143pips, just need alittle "push") so i keep waiting and watching the chart,

but then i need to go to the toilet, and i go for about 10 minutes,

At the time i returned the price was dropping 300pips, and i was like "WTF i got big minus O_o, i should have use SL"

And it takes days for me to be able to close that position with less than 100pips loss

(there is no chance that the price will goes up and gives me green pips that week, and i usually don't like keeping my position open for more than 24hours)

Reason: