Contrarian Trade MA a STEADY PROFITABLE EA by Seiji

Hi,

I found this EA on the Metaquote website. I backtested it with EURUSD data and it seams to make steady profit. I have, as an aditional test of the robustness of the EA, also tried to (over) optimise the EA by putting in an exel sheet, what should happen if the EA was optimised in one month and these settings used in the next month. See exel file attached. This gave also a nice profit.

Conclusion: the EA generated between 8000$ and 10000$, depending on the settings, with 1 lot over the last 10 month periode.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10247

jp

PS:I have a problem with my Period_converter script. It doesn't want to run anymore. (like my car ... it doesn't start anymore ) Could somebody be so kind to run the script for EURUSD 5 and 15 min and post it (as a zip) ?

Files:

Thanks Newdigital, you are a kind man !

By looking at the code, it seems to work purely of off weekly data. How often does it trade?

Also, it would be useful to know more about your methodology in backtesting. In particular, I'd like to know what the modeling % was.

Thx.

Indeed, be careful with back test results !

Hi ZTrader,

Please look a bit at the excel file to see how it is back tested, if you have thereafter a specific question, please ask.

In back testing it is important to see that the profit is not the result of 1 lucky combination in one month, that gives a big loss in the next month. I back tested in 1 month and applied these settings to the next month. This gave a good result. Than I applied 1 setting to the whole period, this was also profitable. As far as I could find out, the system was designed in nov 2006 and for a day chart. That it performs well after this period on a 5 min chart is also promising.

The modeling quality is also mentioned in the upper right part of the test reports, that are in the zip file. As you can see it is 90%. You find there also that it trades 54 times in 10 months.

Greetings

JP

I'm forward testing this, and I'll post updates every so often using:

Lots = 1

CalcPeriod = 12

MAPeriod = 14

StopLoss = 50

Reason: