Advice EA-Stoc Guru :) - page 3

davidke20:
are you sure i made mistake on that?! its getting better and better now. guys out there, please run some backtest or give me some 2 cents, running out of idea. before i get input, i will not proceed to post V1.2

Hello davidke20

Nice result, i am very interesting to test this EA

Can you please tell me where is find stochEAv1.2 ???

I can't see this version !

Thank you ,

memo

Forward testing EA-stoc

Here is the result of forward testing the original version it has not opened a trade for some time and is giving this error code.

2007.02.07 05:42:19 EA-stoc GBPUSD,H1: stochastic() Main : 60.4478 Signal: 0

The direction indicator seems not to be doing a very good job. I will remove this version and download David's modifiction and re test.

John

Files:
eastoc1.htm  11 kb
eastoc1.gif  5 kb

This is interesting! I can't help immediately - I have to learn backtesting next - (I have forward testing humming along on other EAs.)

What is this EA doing?

Brandon

Set up

davidke20:
and shared V1.2 here. tried my best to code it. and sorry for the mess. I'm a beginner in coding. took grandpa advice, share it out now! got to move on to next robot. V1.2 as a chinese new year present for you guys, and good luck.

Thank you David.

I have attached this version on to H4 GBPUSD chart with the indicators added.

I can see that RSI will add to the safety in setting the direction but looking at the GIF attached it may be a while before we actually see a trade. RSI came close on the 23rd January, time is not noticed on back tests but becomes important when forward testing.

John

Files:
stocea.gif  40 kb

Well looks like Davidke20 took your idea and is now posting it here as his own. Not even giving ODBC any credit for it.

davidke20:
will put a credit on. and i did mentioned its not mine...meanwhile i dint remove his Stoc-GURU name from the EA as well by the way, after all these days i've been working on the system, is this all data you can input me?! thanks next time i'll download the EA and work alone! good luck.

I think David is trying his best to help, people if you can't appreciate please don;t critize

Hi David....

I will test your EA with 0.1 lot... because no stop loss (1000 look like no stop loss).... but it's look very promising...

Thanks for days your pass for it...

davidke20:
will put a credit on. and i did mentioned its not mine...meanwhile i dint remove his Stoc-GURU name from the EA as well by the way, after all these days i've been working on the system, is this all data you can input me?! thanks next time i'll download the EA and work alone! good luck.

Its not that I don't appreciate your work. As a matter of fact I have no intention of using this ea. I see too many ideas being stolen and sold on EBay ect. You gave him credit and that is all that matters. Thank you.

Forward testing

Previously I posted a detailed statement showing that the original EA from this thread showed more losing trades than winning ones. Post 25 Page 3

I have been testing David's modified version and have only had 2 trades but both were successful. Starting with .1 the trade was in profit by $40 and closed in profit by $34 the second rose up to $20 and closed at $9.8.

Obviously David has put a lot of effort into making this modified version (stochEAv1.2) take a better direction and close whilst in profit, a huge improvement on the previous version.

I am sure that David is working on another modified version which will include RSI as an additional indicator and I look forward to seeing it posted here on this thread.

I would like to thank him for his efforts giving confidence to take his development live in the near future which after all it uses very little margin as it does it's job.

John

odbc:
you are wrong for your stoc code ... next 2 week i will post forward test here

................. reconstructed another 1... and deleted, due to lack of interest

Reason: