Phoenix Setting File Converters - page 3

leshammond:
How can we add or subtract to the number of lots traded in an equal fashion as balance increases or decreases on a percentage basis on an Expert Advisor program like wujun1982's 5_7_2aH1 that has 6 different EAs on the same account? Right now the 5_7_2aH1 defaults to 1 Minilot on a standard Acct, .1 Minilot on a Mini Acct and with Micros set on a Mini Acct 0.03. What can be done with this many EAs trading at the same time? Can we, at least manipulate the numeric value of these trades manually to get the exact numbers we need instead of being satisfied with these static numbers mentioned above? Thanks for your help, Les lehammondpsf@yahoo.com

I'm not sure I know what you are saying or what you are asking as you may be assuming I know more than I really do know. I am a long time programmer and quite junior to Forex and EA's. If you turn money management on you get a variable number of lots, as your account grows your number of lots will grow. If you use my new decrease-factor code you will get a lower number of lots depending on the number of recent losses. Check out this U_MaxRisk. This can increase your number of lots in the way you want. I'm not trading yet myself, but you can find posts that explain exactly how this field works. I trust you will prudent and not risk too much.

Check out the documentation I updated recently here.

Lots traded automatically in relation to Acct balance

For instance in the 5_6_03, by changing the figure next to MaximumRisk under General Settings, lots traded compared to Acct balance is managed automatically. On a Mini Acct, a setting of 5.1 would trade Approx 25%, 2.04 would trade 10%, etc. A standard Acct would get the same result by moving the decimal place to the left as .51 and .204. Is there a simple way to duplicate these settings in 5_7_2a?

Thanks, Les

leshammond:
For instance in the 5_6_03, by changing the figure next to MaximumRisk under General Settings, lots traded compared to Acct balance is managed automatically. On a Mini Acct, a setting of 5.1 would trade Approx 25%, 2.04 would trade 10%, etc. A standard Acct would get the same result by moving the decimal place to the left as .51 and .204. Is there a simple way to duplicate these settings in 5_7_2a? Thanks, Les

MaximumRisk is the same as U_MaxRisk

The money management section changed a little in 5.7.1 . The fields remain the same and work same way. Only the name of the fields changed.

You can find the old names below and the new names above.

5.7.2a

extern string C_Function_Y = "====== U_MM Money Management decreases lotsize in a losing streak =====";

extern bool U_MM = true; //Money management

extern double U_Lots = 1; //Money management will override setting

extern double U_MaxRisk = 0.05; //

extern int U_DecreaseFactor = 0; //

extern bool U_AccIsMicro = false; //Micro means 0.01 lot size is allowed

extern double Lots = 1;

extern double MaximumRisk = 0.05;

extern int DecreaseFactor = 0;

extern bool MM = true;

extern bool AccountIsMicro = false;

What changed.

In 5.7.1 and carried on into 5.7.2a

This code from 5.6.3

if(lot<0.1 && AccountIsMicro==false) lot=0.1;

if(lot<0.01 && AccountIsMicro==true) lot=0.01;

if(lot>99) lot=99;

was replaced with this code

if(lotU_MaxLot) lot=U_MaxLot; //Dmitry_CH Add 5.7.1

It should behave the same , but the 5.6.3 code occasionally had errors.

extern double U_MinLot = 00.01; //Set to be micro safe by default, maybe this should change

extern double U_MaxLot = 99.00; //Set to previous max value by default

I found the reason for why settings with Fast slower than Slow were profitable. The Filter wanted only negative values! There is a potential conversion that can be done, but it would also be looking for "higher negatives" if I believe. We could hit the "Fast slower than Slow" settings if we do an on/off toggle, but I do think Fast faster than Slow settings are still likely better - when we get them. Phoenix6 doesn't filter the settings at all...

Phoenix_v5_7_2_W - trailing stop fixed.

It's working again.

5.7.2.w

Pcontour:
It's working again.

I just can't find 5.7.2.W. Can you help me locate it ? Sorry, I should know by now . Thank you in advance for your assistance !

m6m6:
I just can't find 5.7.2.W. Can you help me locate it ? Sorry, I should know by now . Thank you in advance for your assistance !

My bad, I accidentally didn't post it. It's in the first post of this thread now. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Pcontour:
My bad, I accidentally didn't post it. It's in the first post of this thread now. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Thank you !

I'll post the code as 5.7.3 and if I do any work on Phoenix 5 (optimization or otherwise) it will be using this version as the base. Thanks PContour!

Do you have a changelog? Should I refer people here for a changelog?

Nice work Pcontour, will get to testing P573 right away, thank you!

Reason: