Question on Hedging - page 3

nezinu:
Looked through expert advisors .. very interesting. However this is not hedging strategy, this is arbitrage.

barnix, thanks for the post.

one more thing .. i am sorry guys, but the starting idea of this thread is wrong. seems that Maji and sbwent have not read my post or just not interested to understand what I said in my previous post.

nezinu, I saw your Romanian post but don't understand anything in the forum. Are you thinking it is a waste of our time developing what I've started?

A few more changes...

v1.2

Set auto calculation for ratios ( still not 100% correct though)

Added TakeProft & MaxLoss functions

Files:

Added Features to v1.3

Added Money Manager function and auto calculate ratios and lot sizes.

Still requires Magic Number function, automatic open and close of trades.

Files:

hi!

As I can see you started this one based on HedgeEA, we have gone further with HedgeEA already, regarding your expert, I've already tryed this arbitrage strategy, but if you cannot get a broker withour spreads this will not function... that was my results and I have abondoned that idea.

kokas:
hi! As I can see you started this one based on HedgeEA, we have gone further with HedgeEA already, regarding your expert, I've already tryed this arbitrage strategy, but if you cannot get a broker withour spreads this will not function... that was my results and I have abondoned that idea.

Yes, I have based it on the HedgeEa. I am not a programmer though so it's difficult for me to add some of the functionality. Current version displays the required info on chart and I am opening the trades manually. I can leave them running as long as I wish to collect swap and can do Auto Close, using a Close All Trades function from my Trailing Stop EA.

What was the problem with brokers? Somehow I didn't see your previous attempt and the outcome.

the problem is that when you place the trades the sum of all spreads usualy is higher than the diference you want to catch.

Maybe I miss interpreted your idea... I had never published an ea for this because the results ...

But if you trying this system with success maybe I can look into it again.

I will try...

I will test it anyway. Doesn't hurt. I still need someone to program the open trades part with Magic Number though. Doing manually at present. I will post updates.

Results of first test.

Trade opened manually based on auto ratios displayed on chart. Closed in profit using ProfitTarget.

1. BUY GBPJPY 1 LOT

2. SELL CHFJPY 2.45 LOTS

3. BUY GBPCHF 0.97 LOTS

Swap collected over 1 night = $20.55, -$8.21, $16.15. Net Total = $28.49

With fluctuations account profit grew to more than $800 and then started to drop. Closed at $552 profit after setting ProfitTarget to $580 as price was dropping.

This could be an additional feature if the whole thing works out. A trailing ProfitTarget as Trailing Stop Losses are not suitable for this type of trading.

I think you should follow this two threads, you are doing much thing that is already done, just want to show you a shortcut, please do not take me wrong

http://www.forexforums.org/showthread.php?t=2548

http://www.forexforums.org/showthread.php?t=22

Reason: