Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 76

Bad result

Hi alassio,

I am using alassio v2 with fixed lots. Today I woke up and found that all the gains I had made on my demo account had been wiped out. The EA exibited some very weird behavior on GBPUSD. If you see the attached image, notice how it keeps selling all the way up the spike. Selling and hitting the stop loss all the way up. (the red arrows are sells and blue arrows are buys)

Any idea why this happened?

Thanks for all your research and hard work!

Files:
horrible.jpg  24 kb

rikdin:
Hi alassio,

I am using alassio v2 with fixed lots. Today I woke up and found that all the gains I had made on my demo account had been wiped out. The EA exibited some very weird behavior on GBPUSD. If you see the attached image, notice how it keeps selling all the way up the spike. Selling and hitting the stop loss all the way up. (the red arrows are sells and blue arrows are buys)

that good qualty code action there allassio. I must use these ea on live acct very very soon.

hahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahaha.

I've been testing the Bluto original bipolar for awhile and have found i prefer the settings tweaked about as conservative and simple as it can get.

1HR EUR/USD

Lots = .01

MM = False

Fibo Progression = True

RSX Period = 3

RSX Timeframe = 15

SMA Filter = False

TP = 27

Stop = 70

Maxtrades = 4

Pips = 20

I've been testing with the stop for a week and it's done well so far since we haven't had a significant move without retrace. We'll see what happens when the big one hits.

I tested these settings about a month ago without a stop and a $100 dollar balance to start. It lasted 5 weeks more than doubling the account slow and steady before a big move without retracement killed it. I stepped up to .02 lots when it reached $200 so if it was left a .01 it probably would have survived.

This ea keeps a nice trap set and rakes in the pips in the ranging markets. If we could get some reasonable way to handle these big moves I think we have a great ea. In the meantime i'll experiment with the stops to manage a trend.

Perky:
the backtests were done on 1 hour micro accounts eur and gbp yes default from the expert but it seems to tank on mini it needs micro accounts

Hi Perky,

Been forward testing the modified version. Goblin BiPolar Edition v[1].2.0 Mod H_fibo+Perky

So far so good.

Default settings on h1

4.59 lots on $10k account?

KillerKhan:
4.59 lots on $10k account?

yeah, I made a mistake there. I should have started with 0.01 lot

my results so far.. (20.02-29.03)

i use my own goblin bipolar mod based on kiTrend indicator (it is very similar to iTrend). eurusd only, 0.05 lots, maxtrades 6, increasement 1.3.

preparing gbpjpy version.

EDIT: real account results.

Files:

kalamari:
i use my own goblin bipolar mod based on kiTrend indicator (it is very similar to iTrend). eurusd only, 0.05 lots, maxtrades 6, increasement 1.3.

preparing gbpjpy version.

EDIT: real account results.

Would you please post your ea here? Thanks.

jly77

rikdin:
Hi alassio,

I don't know your settings, I only answer in general terms. Currently, we have tough times seeing sudden spikes and trend turns relatively often (news related). Such spikes are simply unpredictable, the best you can do is try to avoid certain news times.

However, the final goal is to survive also these situations, so we have interesting data for forward tests. Continuous selling into an up-spike until stop loss is hit is the "correct" (say expected) way of the EA trying to finally capture a retracement which unfortunately didn't happen before stop loss.

It shouldn't happen too often and in the long term is still leaving you enough profits (at least in backtests).

Several approaches are currently being studied by different people to improve this behaviour. Let's see what the results will be ...

jly77:
Would you please post your ea here? Thanks.

hi jly77,

i will. next week probably. i've got some problems with my pc right now. need some time to make it work.

one more thing.. it is not my ea. bluto created goblin. many thanks bluto.

Reason: