Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 73

chrisstoff:
Yes, I saw that but thought you found a statistical probability background as well...

Well, in the sense that a set of EA settings is useful for some market conditions only. The same settings useful for EURCHF are total nonsense for the whole JPY family because of volatility. The ATR filter is a safeguard against trading in unknown territory.

Alternatively we could experiment with adaptive settings regarding volatility. Others have already experimented with volatility base pip spacing I think.

alassio:
Well, in the sense that a set of EA settings is useful for some market conditions only. The same settings useful for EURCHF are total nonsense for the whole JPY family because of volatility. The ATR filter is a safeguard against trading in unknown territory. Alternatively we could experiment with adaptive settings regarding volatility. Others have already experimented with volatility base pip spacing I think.

Yes, I agree.

I have been following the Martingale EA threads here since last September. I ran many tests and tried out several EAs with lots of settings on different currency crosses.

I tested some EAs with volatility based pipstep as well but without serious success. They usually adapted ATR as the signal base but the last couple of days' ATR cannot tell us the present volatility.

I was thinking about adapting other volatility indicators such as Chaikin's or other but have not enough time yet and my coding skill also has its limit. Once I tried an ADX indicator but it filtered out too much trades so the result was not much better than without that.

So, taking ATX into consideration at pipstep planning is useful but application of real time volatility would be more advantageous than an average from the past. I also think that volume and volatility are in a kind of relation with each other. Consequently perhaps volume could also be used as a factor in the pipstep calculation.

Hello

I have tried a few times to test goblin bipolar but it has never ever open a trade? Any ideas why this happens?

Can anyone please post his tested settings which is good and the ea?

Thanks

xxDavidxSxx:
$cad is almost to its bottom trend line @ 1.1500. I nailed the reversal at the top.

It should bounce at this point, either giving opportunity to cut losses, or to hit target.

Dave

How'd you guys do on this $cad bounce?

chrisstoff:
Yes, I agree.

I have been following the Martingale EA threads here since last September. I ran many tests and tried out several EAs with lots of settings on different currency crosses.

I tested some EAs with volatility based pipstep as well but without serious success. They usually adapted ATR as the signal base but the last couple of days' ATR cannot tell us the present volatility.

I was thinking about adapting other volatility indicators such as Chaikin's or other but have not enough time yet and my coding skill also has its limit. Once I tried an ADX indicator but it filtered out too much trades so the result was not much better than without that.

So, taking ATX into consideration at pipstep planning is useful but application of real time volatility would be more advantageous than an average from the past. I also think that volume and volatility are in a kind of relation with each other. Consequently perhaps volume could also be used as a factor in the pipstep calculation.

Post your volitity indicators. I'll see if I can do something with them.

you need to press the journal tab when the expert is running...

- this may give a clue

you may have forgotten to place the other files from the zip file in post 1 of the thread into the indicators folder

the expert uses the indicators to calculate entries for the expert

if they are not there then it might be the reason it doesnt work for you

fxinthecity:
Hello

I have tried a few times to test goblin bipolar but it has never ever open a trade? Any ideas why this happens?

Can anyone please post his tested settings which is good and the ea?

Thanks

xxDavidxSxx:

Attached are a few ones for your convenience.

Files:
vol.rar  4 kb

heres an atr ratio indicator I have it may be useful ive never used it

Files:
atr_ratio.mq4  3 kb

xxDavidxSxx:

Here is a very useful one. It filters out the noise effectively.

Files:

I read with diamani when green line is below the grey line dont trade

for me its easier to make the grey line no colour

but and dont trade on yellow line but i dont know if ill use it

I mean the point of volatility in the bi polar excercise it to not trade when there is alot of volatility