Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 17

bluto:
That sounds cool! Can you send me your mods and I'll incorporate them into the existing EA? That way, we won't have a slew of hybrids floating around and confusing everyone.

hey while your at it.

I am finding that 1% risk is too much for max trades more than 4. But I cann't set it to less than 1%. It wont allow a decimal point in the settings window.

Can that be fixed?

Sorry, Bluto...already posted it. Grab it and I'll delete if necessary.

There isn't a way to attach a file to a PM, is there? Looked earlier and couldn't find one.

sstillwell

xxDavidxSxx:
hey while your at it.

I am finding that 1% risk is too much for max trades more than 4. But I cann't set it to less than 1%. It wont allow a decimal point in the settings window.

Can that be fixed?

I already did that tool...sorry I didn't mention it. All you have to do is change

external int

to

external double

on the definition of the risk variable.

sstillwell

Bluto,

First of all, thanks for your work on this EA that I find very very good, and also for your kind and quick answers to the questions.

Hope you had a happy Xmas and wish you a wonderful year 2007 for you and family.

I would also ask 2 questions :

1- Would it be possible to trade optionally the first trade manually and then let the EA drive it ?

2- Would it be possible, when MaxTrades= 9, to have the 3 first trades with TP and Pips= 20, then 3 with settings 40 and the 3 lasts with settings 60 ?

Thanks again for all.

xxDavidxSxx:
post it!! But I have already started my forward test on current version that was posted to me with equity target as %.

Any way. I have found in back testing that the target of 30 and pip step of 8 would do well for nice peroids of time, would eventually kill an account with out manual intervention.

Through lots of testing over the long weekend I have foung that pip step of around 20 and target of around 15 keeps you from getting trades left behind. There are a couple ocations where even those settings got left behind. But not befor it turned 5k into 30k.

A larger account or using micro lots and opening max trades 5 every 20 pips will take a 100 pip streight line move befor all 5 trades will be opened. Target is only 15 so the liklyhood of a 15 pip retrace on a 100 pip move is really good. But that last 5th order will close you for a small loss. It just allows you to get out of the other 4 losing orders with a very minimal loss. And at about the 3rd order opening it will already be starting to place orders in the other direction. So by the time a 4th and 5th order is opened you've made some money on that move against you.

Bipoler trades very well in trending markets as well as ranged markets.

Just gotta keep an eye on trend changes and be ready intervene.

Interesting stuff! BTW, I'm going to steal a little bit of Goblin II logic for some added protection with this EA....

If you're in a trade cycle that keeps moving against you and you've already exhausted MaxTrades, the EA will place one last hedge order of an opposing order type @ (MaxTrades+1 * LotSize) at a loss barrier 10 pips above/below the last order. The TakeProfit of the last order is increased by an amount equal to the pip cost of the hedge order spread. This is in lieu of taking a stoploss. The EA will monitor the cycle, and when the hedge order comes back to OrderOpenPrice under sufficient velocity, it gets closed and the original cycle is allowed to complete the retracement. If the hedge order continues to move massively in it's counter direction beyond some arbitrary pip interval, we close it and take a small loss on the entire cycle. This should help keep drawdown under control, reduce stoplosses, and protect against giant countertrade moves.

sstillwell:
Sorry, Bluto...already posted it. Grab it and I'll delete if necessary.

There isn't a way to attach a file to a PM, is there? Looked earlier and couldn't find one.

sstillwell

Ah, no problemo. I'll snag it and retrofit the changes. Thanks!

xxDavidxSxx:
hey while your at it.

Can that be fixed?

As Curley Joe would say...."why soitenly!"

Jovager:
Bluto,

First of all, thanks for your work on this EA that I find very very good, and also for your kind and quick answers to the questions.

Hope you had a happy Xmas and wish you a wonderful year 2007 for you and family.

I would also ask 2 questions :

1- Would it be possible to trade optionally the first trade manually and then let the EA drive it ?

2- Would it be possible, when MaxTrades= 9, to have the 3 first trades with TP and Pips= 20, then 3 with settings 40 and the 3 lasts with settings 60 ?

Thanks again for all.

Hope your holiday was equally nice. All of those mods are certainly possible, but it would require a healthy amount of code changes and analysis and I'm a bit short on time right now.

I'm using M30. What value should I use then for Equity protection? 50%? I want to start a live account soon with $500.

Reason: