Price/CCI Divergence Indicator

I know price/indicator divergence indicators are available on platforms such as TradeStation and Trade Navigator. However, I'm looking for a reliable price divergence indicator for Metatrader 4.

Specifically, I'd like to track divergence between price and CCI. One scenario is represented in the attached chart showing examples on GBPUSD M15. Here I'm looking at what Elder refers to as type A divergence when price and the indicator have opposing peaks/valleys.

Is anyone aware of a decent divergence indicator for MT4? Coding one myself is currently a little bit beyond my programming capabilities.

Once I get and adapt the indicator, I'd be happy to start a thread discussing in detail rules for this system I'm developing.

Thanks in advance for any pointers regarding said indicator.

Cheers

Bill

I'd be interested to see the same thing, unfortunatly the two divergence indicators out there already are just not up to par.

u could drop a price ma set to seperate window and also drop a cci on the same widow. ill mke somethig when i get some time

drgoodvibe:
I'd be interested to see the same thing, unfortunatly the two divergence indicators out there already are just not up to par.

To be clear, you're referring to Barry's and what other one? Can you post it?

Surely, someone has got to have focused on solving this problem before within the MT4 community. Divergence works!

I use divergence to trade...... and I use the following indicators as each has different stories to tell

Macd

Stoch

ROC

CCI

not all of the indicators can catch all of the divergences.... and it may be good to consider this before designing an indicator

dave

cci divergence

I would like to know if anyone ever had any luck creating an indicator as the one posted in this old thread I ran accross. I like the way it draws the lines and places comments on the chart. It's very clear.

thx,

todd

billworld2:
I know price/indicator divergence indicators are available on platforms such as TradeStation and Trade Navigator. However, I'm looking for a reliable price divergence indicator for Metatrader 4.

Specifically, I'd like to track divergence between price and CCI. One scenario is represented in the attached chart showing examples on GBPUSD M15. Here I'm looking at what Elder refers to as type A divergence when price and the indicator have opposing peaks/valleys.

Is anyone aware of a decent divergence indicator for MT4? Coding one myself is currently a little bit beyond my programming capabilities.

Once I get and adapt the indicator, I'd be happy to start a thread discussing in detail rules for this system I'm developing.

Thanks in advance for any pointers regarding said indicator.

Cheers

Bill

indicator

Ooops forgot to attach the sample.

CCI devergence ...

An interesting CCI divergence indicator made by FX5

Reason: