Creating an EA

Hello, I just want to know, when I'm creating an EA I just use MetaEditor, then hit F5 to compile, correct? I have alot of reading to do this weekend to create my EA on the Indicator I have If it's that easy, besides knowing the code ofcourse, then why can you not modify an Indicator like the WSS system and remove the expiry dates and stuff?? Do you create an indicator the same way as an EA in Metaeditor then hit F5?

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Hello, I just want to know, when I'm creating an EA I just use MetaEditor, then hit F5 to compile, correct? I have alot of reading to do this weekend to create my EA on the Indicator I have If it's that easy, besides knowing the code ofcourse, then why can you not modify an Indicator like the WSS system and remove the expiry dates and stuff?? Do you create an indicator the same way as an EA in Metaeditor then hit F5? Thanks

Creating EA is very different job from creating Indicator! Although the both of them created at MetaEditor and you have to press F5 to compile them!

EAs don't uses buffers, Indicators do!

EAs don't draw lines, Indicators do!

EAs can open/modify/close trades, Indicators do not!

codersguru:
Creating EA is very different job from creating Indicator! Although the both of them created at MetaEditor and you have to press F5 to compile them!

EAs don't uses buffers, Indicators do!

EAs don't draw lines, Indicators do!

EAs can open/modify/close trades, Indicators do not!

Ok, thanks, so it is just the coding then. If you know how to code then is it not easy to open up Winning-solution systems indicator and make it not expire?

Where is the protection?

matrixebiz:
Ok, thanks, so it is just the coding then. If you know how to code then is it not easy to open up Winning-solution systems indicator and make it not expire? Where is the protection?

What's the format of this indicator? .mq4or .ex4?

If .mq4 then yes you can remove the protection!

If .ex4 then No you can not open it in MetaEditor and remove the protection!

codersguru:
What's the format of this indicator? .mq4or .ex4?

If .mq4 then yes you can remove the protection!

If .ex4 then No you can not open it in MetaEditor and remove the protection!

Oh, ok, good enough. The WSS is ex4 but the one I'm using is mq4. That makes sense then.

How long would it take you to create a simple EA for me :)

matrixebiz:
Oh, ok, good enough. The WSS is ex4 but the one I'm using is mq4. That makes sense then. How long would it take you to create a simple EA for me :)

Do you actually have ane MQ4 of WSS? We're talking the source code, right? If so, is it the indicator or the new 9.4 EA?

No, I was just using WSS as an example of a protected system and was curious if by knowing how to code why not just change it to not expire but now I know it's not that easy.

The indicator I'm using is the Super_Signals_v2 for which is an mq4 so I'm going to 'TRY' to make an EA for it since I like how it works. I've done three trade this morning with it, all positive (30 pip gain) but I can't always sit in front of my computer waiting for the arrow signal.

Reason: