Parabolic SAR Modification - page 4

mrtools:
Hi James, Have this one but not sure if its exactly what your looking for.

hi, is there any description available for the setting?

hi again,

i have found an another parabolic sar, which i think is better for me.

i have tried to repeat the sound three times but its not working.

if (PlaySounds){

int soundrepeat = 0;

for(soundrepeat=1; soundrepeat < 3; soundrepeat++) {

PlaySound(LongSignalSoundFile);

}

}

can someone pls. help me here out? i just want to play the sound file three times.

thanks and best regards,

james

That is probably due to a fact that in metatrader PlaySound() function is interrupted by a call to another PlaySound(), so every consecutive call simply stops the previous and goes on as first (that is probably done to avoid very long periods of not doing what an indicator should do)

Attaching a version in which you can set the number of tries and will display to you (as a comment) how many times the PlaySound() was called so you can get a clear picture what is happening - since you will hear the sound file only once)

JamesBonds:
hi again,

i have found an another parabolic sar, which i think is better for me.

i have tried to repeat the sound three times but its not working.

if (PlaySounds){

int soundrepeat = 0;

for(soundrepeat=1; soundrepeat < 3; soundrepeat++) {

PlaySound(LongSignalSoundFile);

}

}

can someone pls. help me here out? i just want to play the sound file three times.

thanks and best regards,

james

mladen:
That is probably due to a fact that in metatrader PlaySound() function is interrupted by a call to another PlaySound(), so every consecutive call simply stops the previous and goes on as first (that is probably done to avoid very long periods of not doing what an indicator should do) Attaching a version in which you can set the number of tries and will display to you (as a comment) how many times the PlaySound() was called so you can get a clear picture what is happening - since you will hear the sound file only once)

thanks a lot for your hard work.

it means there is no possibility to send multiple time sound until i click on mt4?

i wished there would be a possibility.

regards,

james

james

Metatrader us very bad in "interaction" with user. Just one example : when you try to use a low level windows function to get a click of a mouse on chart, in metatrader, if there are 2 charts with same symbol you can not tell at which chart the mouse actually clicked and you might end reading the click in a completely wrong window (chart).

Also, metatrader does not execute sound file(s) in its own thread (meaning it will not allow other processing till the sound file is finished - that is easy to check : just watch when will other indicators value be updated when you play a longer sound file) you might get a very harmful effect : imagine that your EA did not close and order simply because metatrader was busy playing some sound file

So ... with the way it works with sound files now, maybe the best is to use the shtes you can siund fies in indicators

JamesBonds:
thanks a lot for your hard work.

it means there is no possibility to send multiple time sound until i click on mt4?

i wished there would be a possibility.

regards,

james

Parabolic SAR on ma, i have just replaced the high and the low by an MA.

Files:

Hello,

In Parabolic_Alert, I have changed Comment by

Alert(Symbol(),"Change ", TradeTime);

I get only TradeTime.

Where is the error.I need the name of pair.

Thanks

Jo

Jovager:
Hello,

In Parabolic_Alert, I have changed Comment by

Alert(Symbol(),"Change ", TradeTime);

I get only TradeTime.

Where is the error.I need the name of pair.

Thanks

Jo

Jo

Do like this :

Alert(Symbol(),"Change "+TradeTime);

I have done.

I get :

Change,Chartime= Time

but always not pair name

Jovager:
I have done.

I get :