Parabolic SAR Modification

To add comments, please log in or register
Tickwatcher
Tickwatcher  

Hi all, I,m a newbie to forums - tried a few, but keep coming back to this one. Its got to be the best!

I need help with a small problem. I use The Parabolic Sar as part of my trading system & I modified the usual method of presentation by altering the - Arrow - to a line. The Problem I need help with is this:

I would like to get rid of that part of the line connecting a change from up trend to down trend, and the other way around; so that I have a break between the last bar (& line ) of the old trend & the first bar (& line ) of the new trend. I hope that is clear.

Can anyone help?

FX_Sniper
FX_Sniper  

Hi,

Not sure if this is what you are after, I quickly threw it together for you.

Cheers,

FX Sniper

Tickwatcher
Tickwatcher  

Sar modification

Hi Sniper,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. As a newbie I've been doing the 'buzzing around looking for the holy grail' thing. Thanks for the reply, its exactly what I needed. You're a pal

FX_Sniper
FX_Sniper  

No worries, you're welcome.

Good luck with your trading adventure

Tickwatcher
Tickwatcher  

Parabolic addition

Hi Sniper, Thanks for the support, Trading is going....well, its going! Not getting rich, but I have time.

I wonder if I could ask another bit of programming from you? Your alert is working fine. I replaced the 'alert wav.' with a voice message ( using AT&T's site to record, in type, the message, then downloaded it as wav. file into Metatrader/sounds) Its free!

I need sound alerts because I am partially sighted and cannot spend too much time looking at the screen.

My request is this - would it be possible to somehow add an on/off switch to the alert in your program? It would save my have to close the entire program to stop it.

I know you could probably program it to play only once, but I would like it to continue playing until I switch it off. That way it would be sure to grab my attention.

Take care

FX_Sniper
FX_Sniper  

Hi

I'm not sure I follow you now, the indic. I posted had no alert code in it, but if you post the one you are using, I will fix it for you in not time at all

Laters,

FX Sniper

Tickwatcher
Tickwatcher  

Para Alert

Hi Sniper - that was quick!

I have posted the indicator

Files:
FX_Sniper
FX_Sniper  

Hehehehe

Ok, give this one a try, you will now have a new setting to enable or disable the alert, as default it is disabled.

Seasons Greetings,

FX Sniper

Tickwatcher
Tickwatcher  

On/off switch

Thats the one! I don't know how you do it Sniper, but its exactly what I need.

Down to me now.

Merry Xmas, and a happy - and prosperous - new year

FX_Sniper
FX_Sniper  

You’re most welcome. Just a warning, if you lay the compliments on an thicker you better prepare another place at the Christmas dinner table for me LOL

Now go get them pips !

FX Sniper

Tickwatcher
Tickwatcher  

Turkey or Goose!

There's always room for one more at my table.

To add comments, please log in or register