Fozzy system - page 3

Thanks very much chrisstoff, One more question I noticed that you set your tp and sl do you have to do that or will it enter and exit on its on?? Thanks in advance.... Valerie....

You are welcome ,

I am not as good at MQ4 as I should be so I am a bit uncertain saying that you'd better set your TP and SL manually.

If you do not set SL then the SL will be the previous bar high (at short order) or low (at long order). I cannot figure out what the automatic TP level would be.

amaruenterprise:
Thanks very much chrisstoff, One more question I noticed that you set your tp and sl do you have to do that or will it enter and exit on its on?? Thanks in advance.... Valerie....

I spent more than 1 week optimizing the settings for this EA. First of all I want to say that this strategy is not using defined value of take profit and stop loss. Because, according to this system, the EA should close the order on some lines crossing. Irrespective off.

It means if we do not use any stop loss (stop loss = 0) so EA will close order anyway on the indicators lines crossing).

I will post the settings and the results here.

newdigital:
I spent more than 1 week optimizing the settings for this EA. First of all I want to say that this strategy is not using defined value of take profit and stop loss. Because, according to this system, the EA should close the order on some lines crossing. Irrespective off.

It means if we do not use any stop loss (stop loss = 0) so EA will close order anyway on the indicators lines crossing).

I will post the settings and the results here.

Interesting; I thought that the snippets quoted below meant SL would be the previous bar high (at short order) or low (at long order) if InitialStop = 0 (that is, there is no SL previously defined).

// ---- Open Sell Orders

void SellOrdOpen()

{

double SellPrice = Bid;

double StopPrice = Bid;

int Mode = OP_SELL;

if (InitialStop > 0) SellStop = StopPrice + InitialStop*Point;

else SellStop = iHigh(Symbol(),TimeFrame,1);
// ---- Open Buy Orders

void BuyOrdOpen()

{

double BuyPrice = Ask;

double StopPrice = Ask;

int Mode = OP_BUY;

if (InitialStop > 0) BuyStop = StopPrice - InitialStop*Point;

else BuyStop = iLow(Symbol(),TimeFrame,1);

I can't wait for your optimized settings, Newdigital! Thank you for your hard work!

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Test result for week ending 15 December

FozzyExpert_v1.2 did not placed any order last week.

The other EA from Forex Factory made some trades since that EA has an external variable with which you can select whether you use Bollinger Bands filter or not. I set this option to false so that way that EA does not take into consideration the position of RSI-MA cross to the middle of Bollinger Bands, so it was able to take some trades.

The Bollinger Bands filter has been hard coded into FozzyExpert_v1.2, this is the "classic" Fozzy method. This filter prevented the trades last week concernig those pairs I have been trading with.

I wanted to say that if stop loss =0 and tp =0 so Ea will close the order anyway.

I finished with GBPUSD and doing USDCHF now.

Problem is that EA is not trading often.

chrisstoff:
FozzyExpert_v1.2 did not placed any order last week.

The other EA from Forex Factory made some trades since that EA has an external variable with which you can select whether you use Bollinger Bands filter or not. I set this option to false so that way that EA does not take into consideration the position of RSI-MA cross to the middle of Bollinger Bands, so it was able to take some trades.

The Bollinger Bands filter has been hard coded into FozzyExpert_v1.2, this is the "classic" Fozzy method. This filter prevented the trades last week concernig those pairs I have been trading with.

Hi there,

What pairs are you demo trading?

I have a GBP/USD order opened on 13DEC and result in loss (see the arrow). I use the v1.2 with default setting only.

Are you using a broker of GMT-0 and with Sunday candle stick?

[attach]21453[/attach]

Files:
fozzy_v1.2.jpg  210 kb

Brokers Time

Hi Wilson,

My traded pairs and settings are posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175624/page2

Currently I am using the service of North Finance and they unfortunately work at GMT+2 (well, they have other advantages ). It might cause differences in trading using daily candles.

So you are right, if you use broker with GMT timing, your trades' results can be different from mines.

Following other Fozzy threads at other forums with attention, I see that there are different periods in terms of Fozzy trading signal frequency. Manual traders also told they had only a few quality trade signals last week. I think there will be more trades in and after mid January.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

wilson1668:
Hi there,

What pairs are you demo trading?

I have a GBP/USD order opened on 13DEC and result in loss (see the arrow). I use the v1.2 with default setting only.

Are you using a broker of GMT-0 and with Sunday candle stick?

[attach]21453[/attach]

Backtest Results

Hi Newdigital,

Thank you for the optimization work and the settings.

Well, with BB filter set to true the EA trades rarely. Without using BB filter there are more trades, perhaps we can try to modify the code once and test the EA without BB filter.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

newdigital:
GBPUSD.

D1 timeframe.

Preset file attached.

1 lot size.

No MM.

Every tick, modeling quality 90%,

since 15/08/2001 till 14/12/2006,

Average Profit per 1 lots = 1386.44

Average Loss per 1 lots = 595.59

Profit factor 1.25.

Total trades: 103.

Total net profit: 10007.20

Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) 4 (5583.83)

Maximum consecutive losses (loss in money) 9 (-4247.53)

It is the settings for GBPUSD with backtesting results. I understand that it is not ideal settings. But I did my best because it was very difficult: this system is not trading often and it was necessary to have many trades to have some statistical data adequacy. 103 trades since 2001 is not big number but it is the best I could do in this case.

Of course if I backtest for 2006 year only so we may get different settings with more trades.

I will updated this posts with more settings results.

Fozzy EA 1.2 test results for week ending December 22

Last week was a bad one for Fozzy EA 1.2, please find the statement attached.

(My test of the other Fozzy EA also was a losing one.)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Files:
Reason: