Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 39

Any suggestion for a filter for the last month? ATR weekly perhaps?

Groovy,

Inside Phoenix 6 we have the option of adding more indicators and then turning them on/off. The only caveat is that all indicators that are "on" must agree in order to trade.

In order to switch trending/countertrending in Phoenix 6, just have it return a 1 instead of a -1. I dislike trending indicators in general because they seem to get in too late. I'd rather use trend indicators to say "oops, get out" rather than "we might want to get in now..."

I need to add exit indicators into Phoenix 6 the code. Have you looked at Phoenix 6 release version? If you want to add/change signals in P6, you need to go to line 718 and modify any function starting with Z_S[1-6] or Z_F[1-4]

Z_S# returns -1 or 1 and indicates buy or sell. Z_F# indicates a simple on/off for trading, like no trading on friday afternoon. (Z_F2 is a time filter and the settings by default use FXDD trading hours.)

For a commissioned EA I wrote some exit signals that I like a lot, I will add the code in a "generic way" (not the specific signal, just the method for closing trades) into P6.

Groovy:
Daraknor,

Phoenix and its dynamics has been a subject of my analysis and testing over countless train commutes to work. What i found out earlier and keep seeing now is a clash of strategies which more often than desired result in unprofitable trades. Trend-trading and retracements trading indirectly collide in indicators 1 thru 4.

What i did is i took the envelopes and price divergence from Phoenix, combined them with the Laguerre indicator (quite a nifty piece to be said written by some Emerald King), put in trailing stops with 10pips (minimum required by my broker) and been backtesting with consistent long-term profitability results. I do trade EUR/USD primarily and i do prefer M30.

I'm a staunch supporter of retracement trading as well as trying to catch overbought/oversold levels. Primarily coz there's very little i can do to identify the trend without regular fundamental analysis.

Daraknor, i happen to agree that Phoenix now is lacking a directional strategy and putting more indicators may result in more clutter and confusion. So if you fancy a change, we can extract all the useful bits from Phoenix (esp. price divergence, envelopes would do) and focus on counter-trend trading. Lemmi know if interested. Or are you too consumed and busy in trying to put a stop gap solution and rescue the Bird from being engulfed in its own flames?

Best,

Groovy

Here is what I've been spending most of my time on lately:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Need Help With Phoenix 6 Doesnt Trade

Need Help With Phoenix 6 Doesnt Trade

Cheers Your Doing A Great Job If You Need Any Help Testing I Will Be More Then Happy To Help

Cheers Mark

phoenix version 6

I have this great ea working on usdchf with the settings that were posted in the seetings thread and one thing i noticed is that the ea takes the profit at only 1 pip can anyone explain the reason for this?

Great work

I see reference being made to Phoenix 6. And I cannot find that on Post #1, which I thought was to contain the latest.

I would like to get involved in testing/using/settings/etc - if someone can point me to the right posts/threads, please.

hello

i found most prfiteable version on usd.jpy this one on 30tf ,but don,t know why it trade not everyday ,tryed different sitting still no trade everyday!!!!!!! any suggestion

hello

matrixebiz:
How do I make Phoenix work with all currencies? without having to change U_Trade_CURRENCY every time? Thanks

use firebird last version its more profitable than phonix

How do I make Phoenix work with all currencies? without having to change U_Trade_CURRENCY every time?

What value controls MaxOpenOrders? and what value controls Percent

(How often it trades) like Firebird does?

Thanks

Which One ..?

sps8:
use firebird last version its more profitable than phonix

Which one the last version og FB ? 63G or ?