Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) - page 4

Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...)

I'm trying to use MT's history data in another program that needs the date in mm/dd/yyyy format. I've tried running a macro in Excel to convert it, but I'm running into all kinds of problems which have to be manually fixed, which of course defeats the whole purpose of the macro.

Any Excel gurus out there, or does anyone know of a conversion utility for MT's history data?

Thanks!

Does anyone have a tool that record Open Trade information at some time interval (1m, 5m, etc.) so it can later be brought into Excel for analysis?

I know how to record Time, O, H, L, C, but not Open Trade information. If I had to, I could extrapolate drawdown and profit information for a given time if I could know when a trade is open or closed.

I'm trying to identify drawdown and profit information and correlate it with time and see if there's some interesting information for given timeframes, etc. when testing an EA.

For anyone who's interested, here is some analysis I did of average pip movement per day per hour. They are for EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, AUDUSD, NZDUSD.

Thanks.

DDE and Excel = History

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create a history using the DDE-Sample provided by Metatrader.

The only thing is that I'm not proficient with VBA.

I need a macro that will insert a new line above the "live data" as soon as it changes. I know that the file will become huge in a short space of time, but there's no problem. It's a test for a tool that I'm developing and as soon as it is ready I'll make it available here for download so everyone can make use of it.

If you are good in excel I want to hear from you. Thanks.

Here is the file for download an a pic explaning.

Thanks guys!

Files:
example.zip  12 kb
example.jpg  47 kb

Is there a utility or easy way to post my closed trades into an Excel spreadsheet automatically? It can be done batch processing if that's easiest.

Here is a tool for combining trading results into an Excel spreadsheet from multiple accounts.

Put the EA where you want to start collecting results. This dumps the data so Excel can ingest it. Put that path in the Startup worksheet of the Excel spreadsheet along with which currency pair you want to extract and the name of the tab/worksheet you want the results to be placed. After extracting the information, it creates a Summary sheet of all of the sheets it analyzed with results by date & tab. It's not as pretty as the other, but I had a lot of kludged code in that which was customized for the sordid way I have my folders laid out.

When you launch the spreadsheet, you have to enable macros or it can't work. All of the source for the spreadsheet macros & EA are included as well as an instruction sheet, so tweak to your own tastes.

Unable to read DDE with Excel

I have several Excel sheets that utilize the DDE data from MT4. I am unable to update my sheets. They just stall and have to be terminated. I tried the MT4 DDE Excel example and it would not update. Same results. I tested with codersguru's DDE client and another DDE client. They both are successful in reading the DDE data. I think the problem may be with Excel, some automatic security update or some system setting but I have not yet found a solution. Has anyone else run into a similar problem? I suspect that the solution is simple but it eludes me. Please help.

Reason found for stalling Excel when accessing DDE

Initially I tried a repair of Office. Still stalled. I removed and reinstalled Office. Excel worked with DDE. I did an Office update to install Service Pack 2 and a couple of updates. Excel stalled. I removed one of the updates, *** Update for Outlook Junk Email Filter 2003 (KB923095) *** and rebooted. Excel worked with DDE. I did another Office update to get additional updates required after the installation of Service Pack 2. I downloaded the Junk Email Filter again and installed it also. Excel stalled. I removed the Junk Email Filter and rebooted. Excel worked with DDE.

When I decided to reinstall Office I thought the best that I would get was Excel working again but that I would not know what initially caused it to fail. As it turns out I found a very specific cause, *** Update for Outlook Junk Email Filter 2003 (KB923095) ***. What this has to do with DDE I have no idea. I am just glad that I found a specific cause for the failure and that it was so simple to remedy.

List of DDE Commands?

I hate DDEs...but I like using Excel.

Does anyone have a list of commands for the MT4 DDE, or can point me the right direction?

Oh yeah, I hate metaquotes' support too.

Thanks for any help I receive.

BW

It seems there are only commands for bid, ask, high, low, time, and quote...are there others? Specifically execution commands, or a way to accomplish this?

BW

hapalkos:
I have several Excel sheets that utilize the DDE data from MT4. I am unable to update my sheets. They just stall and have to be terminated. I tried the MT4 DDE Excel example and it would not update. Same results. I tested with codersguru's DDE client and another DDE client. They both are successful in reading the DDE data. I think the problem may be with Excel, some automatic security update or some system setting but I have not yet found a solution. Has anyone else run into a similar problem? I suspect that the solution is simple but it eludes me. Please help.

Please make sure your DDE server is activated

on MT4 click Tools=>options then choose Server tab, then activated your DDE then OK..

hope this can help you....

Reason: