Sashken EA

balista4
balista4  

This EA is on top of Automated Trading Championship. A clear winner till now!!

Lets share thoughts and views to work on it.

Thanks to Sashken for the EA.

Files:
sashken.mq4  6 kb
cucurucu
cucurucu  

Hi balista4

If you look at the code of this EA you'll find the EMACROSS (developed by CodersGuru) principle.

You need a very big account to trade with this EA. You have to trade only a small percent of the account because this EA is trading against the trend. You have to give it enough margin to sustain a very big floating loss.

... and there is always the risk of "no return". The price could move in a very strong trend and wipe out your account. I think this strategy is effective only on ranging markets/pairs.

I like counter-trend EAs but not without a stoploss. I like MA Channel (also developed by CodersGuru) and Phoenix (developed by Hendrick). They are both counter-trend EAs but both are using a stoploss and a responsible money management.

Even if sashken EA wins the ATC2006 I have serious doubts that any (responsible) trader would put real money on it.

balista4
balista4  

Hi cucurucu,

Thanks very much for the explanation. I'm very new to EA thing, guess i got caried away, without the inside facts. Thanks for the information.

Yes, coders gurus MA channels, phoenix, firebird EA also, I'm working with it . i could not find a thread about sashken EA..so thought to open one.

from past couple of weeks Im doing the EA thing, before i was in indicators, guess didn't have the patience to wait and watch anymore.

I will soon subscribe to elite subscription, so that i get much information.

Thanks again..

Balista

xxDavidxSxx
xxDavidxSxx  
cucurucu:
Hi balista4

If you look at the code of this EA you'll find the EMACROSS (developed by CodersGuru) principle.

You need a very big account to trade with this EA. You have to trade only a small percent of the account because this EA is trading against the trend. You have to give it enough margin to sustain a very big floating loss.

... and there is always the risk of "no return". The price could move in a very strong trend and wipe out your account. I think this strategy is effective only on ranging markets/pairs.

I like counter-trend EAs but not without a stoploss. I like MA Channel (also developed by CodersGuru) and Phoenix (developed by Hendrick). They are both counter-trend EAs but both are using a stoploss and a responsible money management.

Even if sashken EA wins the ATC2006 I have serious doubts that any (responsible) trader would put real money on it.

it does have a s/l setting in the settings window but you don't see it in the order. and ea shuts down when stop is hit.

I don't think it will win over all.

YupYup
YupYup  

I got it fined tuned quite a bit, but since its a long term EA, you end up only making $100 a month, not really worth it if you ask me

*this obviously based on deposit amount*