Cost Averaging System - page 5

fxdiva:
I'm really looking forward to testing this EA. Which time frame do you suggest?

I am testing it on 1 minute time frame. However, some other users have used it on 5 and 15 with nice results. Why don't you experiment with different time frames and see which one suits you? That will be fun for you to find out

Maji:
I am testing it on 1 minute time frame. However, some other users have used it on 5 and 15 with nice results. Why don't you experiment with different time frames and see which one suits you? That will be fun for you to find out

Okay, sounds good. Can't wait until tomorrow.

Thanks,

Fx Diva

Maji:
Gosh... the markets been so whippy lately, and my breakout systems are crying in pain. However, this system seems to love these crazy markets... it is kind of masochist... loves that pain

I have incorporated a stop loss scenario in the EA. It will liquidate all positions if the open loss is above say 10% of the account equity when the position was first opened. Hope this helps a little.

If you have the old version, please email me and I will send you the revised version. It will have the same magicnumber, so you can just remove the old ea from the chart and add this revised ea over the weekend. It should continue without problems from Sunday evening.

Thanks.

the forward test I did made $88 in the $500 demo account over the two or three days I ran it last week. not bad at all! I received an email from you about the rsismoothed EA I assume this is the new version you are talking about. I plan to start out with the settings you have preset to begin with. Looks like this will be a good week. Thanks for your guidance and diligence on this.

I get this warning on compiling...

Function "CloseAll" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Is this a problem?

tests

hello,

i am ok to test this ea, could you please email me at sterdnfr@yahoo.fr

I tried the RSI smooth version in backtest and it went well for quite a while, then lost heavily. I'm going to reload my MT4 and data and try again.

I would like to try and test it

Hello,

Currently i tested severals EAs and i was doing live with (FXAnts, BollTrade, Straddle & Trail, 30pips and finally Avalanche).

I would like to test your system (give me a PM to have my e-mail cause i don't like to give it publicly).

Thanks in advance.

Aaragorn:
the forward test I did made $88 in the $500 demo account over the two or three days I ran it last week. not bad at all! I received an email from you about the rsismoothed EA I assume this is the new version you are talking about. I plan to start out with the settings you have preset to begin with. Looks like this will be a good week. Thanks for your guidance and diligence on this.

I get this warning on compiling...

Function "CloseAll" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file
Is this a problem?

Aaragon,

I have sent two EAs. One is the latest version of the cost averaing EA and the other is the cost averaging that uses RSI to enter and exit in addition to cost averaging.

The error message is really a warning message and should have no effect.

Maji

Initially I thought I will probably have about 5/10 people testing it. However, now I have about 30 people testing it. In order to prevent loss of efficiency (if there is such a thing) I have decided not to accept any more requests. I hope everyone understands. Also, I am requesting everyone who is testing the EA not to share. This will keep the efficiency and not blunt it from over use.

Please remember the story of the turtles. Once everyone knew they were using 20 day hi low breakouts, there system did not work and they had to change the period. As such, now with so many people using breakouts, the efficiency of breakout systems have reduced. Atleast that is what I have read in various literature. So, I do believe a system can lose its efficiency due to over use. Just a thought, not meant as a topic of debate.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Early result

after a few hours I have posted a very early result with the Cost Averaging RSI. Too early to make any real comments but posted for information.

Used as downloaded on M1 TF.

John

yeoeleven:
after a few hours I have posted a very early result with the Cost Averaging RSI. Too early to make any real comments but posted for information.

Used as downloaded on M1 TF.

John

John,

The RSI system should be used on time periods 15M and above. I have tested it on 15m, so you can try that one. 1M is too fast for the RSI system.

Reason: