Reversal Indicator

Hi,

Can someone share an indicator that tells us that a possible reversal is on the cards. Also, indicators for volitality.

Thnx

kev

you not askin for much then kev eh just an indicator thats goin to tell you before the reversal happens,,,,,,,seen that kickin about somewhere........crystal ball indicator i think it was called anyway cant help you out with that but heres a voilatilty indicator for ya ,happy trading

Files:
vq.ex4  12 kb

thestellaman:
you not askin for much then kev eh just an indicator thats goin to tell you before the reversal happens,,,,,,,seen that kickin about somewhere........crystal ball indicator i think it was called anyway cant help you out with that but heres a voilatilty indicator for ya ,happy trading

Hi stellaman,

1st of all lol. I do hope we can find tht crystal ball someday. I would be fun to become a millionaire with tht

Wht do u suggest using with VQ to filter the false signals?

I remember u suggesting Flat indicator. But I couldnt figure out wht parameters to keep for tht? Would u suggest tht, and if yes then wht parameters?

Tc

Please note that VQ indicator is not showing the right direction on M5 timeframe. On M5 timeframe it's showing just the "message" that "something is going on". But not the direction for buy or sell. I tried during the several weeks every day so it is real info.

Probable this indicator is very good for highest timeframes (D1 or W1). But not for M5. And M15 and M30 should be the same with M5.

VQ is very good indicator. But it is necessary to use it together with fibo or some others.

I am using this indicator on M5 timeframe together with fibo (pivots mainly). And if I trade USDCHF for example I loaded all 4 majors charts just to see where the VQ indicator changed the direction.

The problem (on M5 timeframe only!) is the folowing:

we should have good correlation indicator which will show us big price movement in %% and so on. Just one oscillator. News_Oscillator indicator. Does not exist yet. Neither commersial, nor free one.

It is my experience with asctrend system in elite section (i opened the thread about asctrend in elite section) "to be ready" to trade it live (just for myself).

Sorry but I can talk about my experience only. I like Ichimoku indicator and I think it is the best one to know about reversal and everything on D1 and W1. But it is my personal. As to M5, M15, M30 and H1 timeframe so I think the best indicators for those timeframes to estimate the reversal zones it painting-the-past indicators.

You may ask :"well but how the other traders estimated the reversal many years ago?". Some of them used NRTR indicator (there is small thread about it somewhere in this forum). It was very good trading system based on reversal on NRTR: Nick Rypock Trailing Reverse.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173170

It is very old trading system. I don't have any information about it except I posted in that thread.

Later on this NRTR indicator was coded for Metatrader by Russians (MT3 of couse because MT4 does not exist in that time) not in right way and then it was converted (by Russians as well) onto MT4 not in right way as well.

It should be ebook or something but i don't have. It should be old trading system.

Hi New Digital

The NRTR is a nice indicator, but it's a bit slow to indicate the reversal. Is there any other indicator tht shows A POSSIBLE REVERSAL is in place

kevin

kevmcfoster:
Hi New Digital

The NRTR is a nice indicator, but it's a bit slow to indicate the reversal. Is there any other indicator tht shows A POSSIBLE REVERSAL is in place

kevin

Hi Kevin

I find the good old RSI set to a value of 9 does a pretty good job of picking the reversals when used on the M1 & M5 Timeframes, use that with MACD on the same timeframes and you will find if the RSI is below 30 or above 70 and the M1 MACD or the M5 MACD is about to cross then a reversal is on for short term trades you have to go to the larger timeframes to get the larger swings. T3 RSI has an extra conformation of reversals when it crosses the Fib line or RSI MA when it crosses the MA line. Hope this helps you.

cja

buy sell zone

There is reversal system thread about buy sell zones. This is from myself. Try it at 30m or longer TF. Any problem just PM.

Files:
bszones.ex4  7 kb

Niva ..thanks for sharing is it for a session time or valid for the whole day..and is there a version that shows the past so that we could back test it..thanks in advance

Reversal indicator V2

I checked your display - it gives a lot of false signals. throw it

i have a reversal and impulse indicator

Reason: