RSI & Momentum Color+Alarm - page 2

Rate of Change of a Moving Average

Hi all,

First post here.

I've just started using an EA... No guesses needed as to which one...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has developed an indicator for Rate of Change of a Moving Average to be used as a Momentum Indicator for Trend Strength

Something along these lines.

[Moving Average Value(x) - Moving Average Value(x-a)] / ATR(y)

Plain english this means take the value of the moving average from the last candle on the chart. Take the value of the moving average say a=5 candles ago. Then divide this number by an ATR(value y for example)

The variables that need to be able to be modified in this formula would be the length of the Moving Average. Say Moving Average = 200 Period. The Number of Candles ago we compare to. For example the Moving Average Value say 20 Candles ago, and the ATR Value.

Use the ATR to measure the Rate of Change because the ATR is a more true representation for each chart because each chart has different ATR's.

This would basically measure the slope of the Moving Average. The higher the slope the better the trend. Does this sound like a feasible indicator.

It could be useful for a trend following EA. Say if Rate of Change of Moving Average was not high enough then no trade.

thx guys for the indicators! i was searching for it

momentum indicator crossover alert

Has anyone seen a momentum indicator that gives an audible alert when it crosses over the mid line? Thanks.

Linuxser:

I made this three version, still on beta because I don't like it at all.

just added colors (but on slacking way(easy) )

Linux, slacker, never finished

Files:

this is my picture of gbp/jpg -- 5min

not that cool in detecting reversal point - when compared to the one posted

on a different note, the perfect dig posted earlier, 6march to 13 march , H1 chart -- don't seem to be 2009 chart

Files:
gbpjpy.jpg  119 kb

Hi,

I'm seeking for a momentum indicator that goes red below 100, and green above 100.. yes simply !!

This is to build a visual system.. and to the same with RSI, CCI, and W%R

I don't have any clues in coding. I know it's quite simple to do that so if you have some free time .. do not hesitate !

momentum the slope of MAs

fapturbo:
Hi all,

First post here.

I've just started using an EA... No guesses needed as to which one...

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has developed an indicator for Rate of Change of a Moving Average to be used as a Momentum Indicator for Trend Strength

Something along these lines.

[Moving Average Value(x) - Moving Average Value(x-a)] / ATR(y)

Plain english this means take the value of the moving average from the last candle on the chart. Take the value of the moving average say a=5 candles ago. Then divide this number by an ATR(value y for example)

The variables that need to be able to be modified in this formula would be the length of the Moving Average. Say Moving Average = 200 Period. The Number of Candles ago we compare to. For example the Moving Average Value say 20 Candles ago, and the ATR Value.

Use the ATR to measure the Rate of Change because the ATR is a more true representation for each chart because each chart has different ATR's.

This would basically measure the slope of the Moving Average. The higher the slope the better the trend. Does this sound like a feasible indicator.

It could be useful for a trend following EA. Say if Rate of Change of Moving Average was not high enough then no trade.

Hi I was looking for that idea but did not find an answer for your request. I think its a great idea, where do I find the indi for the slope of the MA?

momentum

Kalenzo:
Nice one, I will add my few pips to this one and to make it even more beautiful I will add Histogram to it.

Hi

I will send an email , am looking for an indi which calculates the slope of a MA

can you help with that?

wolfgschilleratweb.de

thanks

Ma momentum

This is what fapturbo described in his post

There are 2 modes in the indicator : normalized and not-normalized. Comparison of the can be seen on the example picture (upper is non-normalized and lower is atr normalized) Also you can choose the Ma mode (0 -> sma, 1 -> ema, 2 -> smma and 3 -> lwma)

wolfsch:
Hi I was looking for that idea but did not find an answer for your request. I think its a great idea, where do I find the indi for the slope of the MA?
Files:

Request indicator~

mladen:
This is what fapturbo described in his post There are 2 modes in the indicator : normalized and not-normalized. Comparison of the can be seen on the example picture (upper is non-normalized and lower is atr normalized) Also you can choose the Ma mode (0 -> sma, 1 -> ema, 2 -> smma and 3 -> lwma)

Dear mrladen,

Can you share the indicator that show the pair details on this chart?

would be great appreciate if you can.

Best Regards,

liaw

Reason: