All John Ehlers Indicators... - page 70

hughesfleming:
I received this in my E-mail today from Stocks & Commodities magazine....

MESA_Intraday

The first thing I did was look at the E-mini trading report. Slippage and commission are not accounted for ie they are zero. This is not realistic.

It would have been better if they allowed for one tick slippage and $2.50 per side (more or less). So how do the numbers workout?

Total trades were 272 so commissions + slippage would be (272 * 12.5) + (272 *2.50) = 4080. Trading costs would chop off 16% from net profit. With a win rate of 55%, ignoring trading costs is a form of smoke and mirrors. Win rate would have been much closer to random in the real world. Any profitability on long trades could easily be attributed to the natural bullish bias of the S&P.

Anyway, for $3000.00, I think I will pass.

Ahhh, John Ehlers ...

hughesfleming:
I received this in my E-mail today from Stocks & Commodities magazine....

MESA_Intraday

The first thing I did was look at the E-mini trading report. Slippage and commission are not accounted for ie they are zero. This is not realistic.

It would have been better if they allowed for one tick slippage and $2.50 per side (more or less). So how do the numbers workout?

Total trades were 272 so commissions + slippage would be (272 * 12.5) + (272 *2.50) = 4080. Trading costs would chop off 16% from net profit. With a win rate of 55%, ignoring trading costs is a form of smoke and mirrors. Win rate would have been much closer to random in the real world. Any profitability on long trades could easily be attributed to the natural bullish bias of the S&P.

Anyway, for $3000.00, I think I will pass.

but seriously...YOU JUST MISSED AN OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!...to become insanely RICH!

So many bad signals ;-)

Here is the reason for my request: I trade the one-minute time frame on the London open and often do not have time to search for and draw divergences on the chart by hand, so I need an indicator to do it. John Ehlers indicators that are based a Fisher transform of normalized prices seem to yield more accurate divergences than any other indicator, be it based on stochastic, MACD, RSI, or anything else.

The Ehlers indicator that I find superb is Ehlers_Fisher transform histo_mtf+alerts nmc.mq4. I set it 0.4 price smoothing and 0.7 index smoothing and use it together with Ichimoku, ADX_WildersDMI_v1.01 alerts, BetterVolume 1.5b alerts, and a divergence indicator. I use the other indicators to find and vet a trend, and Ehlers to get in at the beginning of a cycle, and the scheme works well. It would work even better if I could wrap the divergence function into the Ehlers. Then I could get not only rich, but filthy rich.

Here is my request: Could you add, to Ehlers_Fisher transform histo_mtf+alerts nmc.mq4, an option to show both hidden and regular divergence lines with arrow and sound alerts, similar to, say, FX5_Divergence?

Bob Stimson, Hilo HI

Ehlers_Fisher transform histo_mtf+alerts (nonrep) nmc is another popular indicator that could benefit by adding a divergence option, as in post below.

grayghost:
Ehlers_Fisher transform histo_mtf+alerts (nonrep) nmc is another popular indicator that could benefit by adding a divergence option, as in post below.

What post bellow?

nbtrading:
What post bellow?

#696 zzzzzzzzzz

Hi everyone s. I wonder if it would be possible to add a half to this indicator. I know it can be done from the platform, but I need the average is included in the code. Thank you for your help.

Files:

mrtools:
This is an adaptive stand alone version of Cyber Cycle with alerts on the lines crossing.

hmm I seem to receive a message that states "You are trying to use renamed indicator contact forextsd"? :/

justin7:
hmm I seem to receive a message that states "You are trying to use renamed indicator contact forextsd"? :/

justin7

Simply use the original name ("Adaptive Cyber_Cycle_alerts") and it will work. It does not allow indicator renaming - you must use exactly the original name