Woodies CCI Trading - The Real McCoy - page 3

FX_Sniper:
Hi there,

What exactly is wrong in your live acc. and exactly what all have you tried already, perhaps i can help you.

Laters,

FX Sniper

Hi FX-Sniper,

The Sidewinder seems to be missing in my live IBFx account.

Previously I only had a demo with them and Sidewinder works fine, now it is gone. I have tried to remove the indicators from the window and removed from the folders, and putting them back. But Sidewinder refuses to come back.

My North Finance demo works ok.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

NewSpring

Files:

Newspring:
Why is FXSniper deleting all the contents of his own posts?

He has gone totally MAD hahaha

In the end I will continue here with a new project:

http://www.fxsniper.myblogstorage.net/

Take care,

FX Sniper

Newspring:
Hi FX-Sniper,

The Sidewinder seems to be missing in my live IBFx account.

Previously I only had a demo with them and Sidewinder works fine, now it is gone. I have tried to remove the indicators from the window and removed from the folders, and putting them back. But Sidewinder refuses to come back.

My North Finance demo works ok.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

NewSpring

Hi there, sorry I am only comming back to you now, had some stuff going wrong all over the place

When you put Sidewinder on, please try and set the "limit: setting to something like say 300 or 400, it is 1000 at default but try a lower level. this limit determines how far back in history it should draw, if you hav eless than 1000 bars on that chart, it will just be blank, so you have 2 options, either get more history by scorlling back in the chart and let it get more, or simply reduce the limit level to something more reasonable like 500.

If this does not solve the troubles, let me know.

Take care

FX Sniper

First off, let me thank you for all your long hours, hard work and dedication in your pursuit to bring Woodie's CCI to all of us MetaTrader users. I am a newbie trader and discovered Woodie and you FX-Sniper only a week ago. I also have been following your new blog with great interest, and am looking forward to watching it grow and develop.

With that, one question has been on my mind in regards to your quote below...

Apparently Woodie sugests having it (sidewinder threshold setting) on 30 when placed on 15 min Forex charts, the default is however 60... ...I have the SW and CZi on a 15 and 30 min chart. I trade only Euro and only on the 5min chart. I am finding that when there is no chop on the higher frames just above and the SW says the trend quality is not questionable, most of the time there is clean tradeable action on the 5 min. chart.

I assume you use the default 60 setting for your 30 min chart, and 30 setting on your 15 minute chart. What about your 5 minute chart? I am guessing 30 as well, but I greatly appreciate it if you would kindly confirm this.

Thank you in advance.

FX_Sniper:
Hi there, sorry I am only comming back to you now, had some stuff going wrong all over the place

When you put Sidewinder on, please try and set the "limit: setting to something like say 300 or 400, it is 1000 at default but try a lower level. this limit determines how far back in history it should draw, if you hav eless than 1000 bars on that chart, it will just be blank, so you have 2 options, either get more history by scorlling back in the chart and let it get more, or simply reduce the limit level to something more reasonable like 500.

If this does not solve the troubles, let me know.

Take care

FX Sniper

Thank you very much,FX-Sniper. Works great now.

Best regards,

NewSpring

Hi there you guys !

traderq

To be honest I have no clue, although looking at the code lodig, I would think it would not make any sense to go lower, all you will do is have more Yellow bars and less Red bars , no effect on green bars.

The threshold angle one could perhaps ajust according to what seems to be the norm of the trend angles (angle of EMA34 and LSMA25) on that time frame I suppose.

The bit I do use it, I have it on 60 on the 5min Euro charts (the only time frame and pair I work with).

Thank you for the kind words and appreciation, you are most welcome.

NewSpringI'm glad to here you got it sorted, it's always nice when things go right for a change

Best wishes to both of you!

FX Sniper

can u explain how to use this system

Simple template file for cci,sidewinder and czi

I hope one of you can pass me the simple template file of mt4 including above in 1 indicator windows because i cant/dunno how to drag the several windows into my CCI indicator windows....i tried many times but the it just dont want..

Thanks

latest versions

Do you have the latest versions of sidewinder and chopzone?

Thanks

Reason: