Woodies CCI Trading - The Real McCoy - page 2

FX_Sniper:
He has gone totally MAD hahaha

In the end I will continue here with a new project: http://fxsniper.blogspot.com/

Take care,

FX Sniper

Thank you for the link to your blog, FX-Sniper.

Are you going to continue with the sidewinder in your blog?

Is the posting at post#24 for the sidewinder in the closed thread the latest with the problems fixed?

I really love the sidewinder/czi that you developed for MT4.

Newspring:
Thank you for the link to your blog, FX-Sniper.

Are you going to continue with the sidewinder in your blog?

Is the posting at post#24 for the sidewinder in the closed thread the latest with the problems fixed?

I really love the sidewinder/czi that you developed for MT4.

Hi there,

Yes, I will deliver the final versions of both those before the end of the year because as stated on the post, those ones will also expire.

It would like to keep it all togehter in the end as it is easy to release updates,fixes etc...as opposed to when they are posted all over the place and someone gets hold of an older one withou knowing there has been fixes etc...

I am currently setting up a website where all the indicators will be available plus all the other ones I have coded till this far and as I code newer one's they will be put there also for all to use freely.

Glad you liked them, let us know how you use them if you like

Take care,

FX Sniper

FX_Sniper:
Hi there,

Yes, I will deliver the final versions of both those before the end of the year because as stated on the post, those ones will also expire.

It would like to keep it all togehter in the end as it is easy to release updates,fixes etc...as opposed to when they are posted all over the place and someone gets hold of an older one withou knowing there has been fixes etc...

I am currently setting up a website where all the indicators will be available plus all the other ones I have coded till this far and as I code newer one's they will be put there also for all to use freely.

Glad you liked them, let us know how you use them if you like

Take care,

FX Sniper

Thank you, FX-Sniper. You are both very talented programmer and a trader. Besides, sharing your indicators with others is very kind of you.

I am currently having problems with sidewinder in my live account but works fine in demo. So, I am looking forward to the final versions.

I find that WCCI signals is slightly late(Woodies did mention this in his site) compared to my other indicators, but it is great, because it helps confirm the trend and I know I can capture more pips and not exit too early.

Best regards,

NewSpring

Newspring:
Thank you, FX-Sniper. You are both very talented programmer and a trader. Besides, sharing your indicators with others is very kind of you.

I am currently having problems with sidewinder in my live account but works fine in demo. So, I am looking forward to the final versions.

I find that WCCI signals is slightly late(Woodies did mention this in his site) compared to my other indicators, but it is great, because it helps confirm the trend and I know I can capture more pips and not exit too early.

Best regards,

NewSpring

Hi there,

What exactly is wrong in your live acc. and exactly what all have you tried already, perhaps i can help you.

Laters,

FX Sniper

Hi,

Here are afew grabs of how i am using the Sidewinder and CZI.

napeharm

Files:
screen1.gif  36 kb
screen12.gif  38 kb
screen123.gif  34 kb

What the ... HUH, what is that napeharm ? your charts look weird

FX Sniper

Hi,

Simple really. Much of the chart is made from nnjiem's CCI Filter indicator. If you have checked it out, it allows two cci values to be added to form a composite signal. I have used this as a coloured line rather than a set of bars etc. The zeroline of the cci shown is represented by the Sidewinder, flanked by two CZI's for symmetry.

Behind these three indicators i have a CCI Filter and on top of that two RSI Filters. All of this allows the values from any number of other indicators,possible from higher time frames for instance, to be represented on the chart as coloured lines. When they show the same colour they are all in agreement. So you can see easily differant times frames and lengths of CCI and RSI in agreement.

This saves screen space and indicators windows and allows as much or as little information to be present on one indicator window.

I have found visually that the Sidewinder and CZI make alot more sense seen in the context of other coloured lines all changing colour before a composite signal is arrived at. The signal needs to be used in conjunction with the price reaching support and resistance levels for the entry to be made.

Hope that is clear. Its just my preference for the assessment of coloured signals rather than wriggly lines, and i find them easier to read.

napeharm

PS. I welcome your website/blog idea it saves your work being spread over many threads or watered down extraneous contributors..........and we know where to find it!

This is my most colourful chart used to try ideas out and graphical representations. Ways of showing signals to see if they can be read as colours and so on. But there is too much going on here to be practical!

napeharm

Files:
wierd_one.gif  35 kb

Hi napeharm,

Sorry, I should of asked a clearer question, what I meant was your lines etc, the actual graphics looks weird...like the MA or whatever there is on, it does not look like a regular line, almost looks like it is lighter in the middle and darker outside like a thin straw or something...all the lines etc looks like that...

Or is it just your screenshot software that is acting up ?

The blog thing will hopefully work out ok, it will in the end have to moved one last time, but hopefully not again after that...I am currently working on the layout etc... while the Euro is hibernating still

Laters,

FX Sniper

Hi,

The 150 CCI i'm using has an moving average overlaid to give it two or more colours. I use this alot on my charts to distinguish the significance of various lines etc. The zeroline of the indicator window which is made of a Sidewinder has a CCI FIlter in the middle to give it the highlight..........its squashed so thin that it appears only as a line. This gives me the exact centreline if i want to see if, and also makes the Sidewinder kind of three dimensional as you see.

I find nnjeims's CCI Filters very usful at the moment and they can be squashed down so thin they can be used as lines and placed anywhwere on the indicator window to represent +100/-100 lines etc allowing more information to be shoe horned onto the window!............if that is required.

Take Care.

napeharm

Reason: