Blockbuster EA

hi all,

i found this ea on yahoo metatrader group. The backtest is amazing ! i started forward testing it on H1 TF. Hope some one can evaluate as well.

Files:

I think this refers to future data because it uses Close[0]

if(Close[0]>bup+(BDistance*Point)) SELLme=true;

if(Close[0]<bdn-(BDistance*Point)) BUYme=true;

forward testing

i am forward testing both the blockbuster EA (default settings on H1 TF BP) and EuroX2 (default settings on H1 TF Euro). The result is positive till now.

Is there anyway to export the results history from FXDD ?

I tried to export in html without success !

I monitored the performance of blockbuter : it is trading the bullback (when the price hits a resistance and pulls back, the ea is opening a position)

Anyone trying to forward test, alter settings? .....

phampton:
I think this refers to future data because it uses Close[0]

if(Close[0]>bup+(BDistance*Point)) SELLme=true;

if(Close[0]<bdn-(BDistance*Point)) BUYme=true;

I am not a programmer but does this not mean close on current bar? so it will be ok as it is on closed bar.

smeden:
I am not a programmer but does this not mean close on current bar? so it will be ok as it is on closed bar.

But Close[0] is current bar.

So it is not closed.

If it gets closed it turns to Close[1].

It could be that this EA is using current open bar.

lomme:

So it is not closed.

I was trying to modify this EA. First of all I changed Close[0] to Close[1]. Then I tried to insert some indicators to filter the signals. Anyway this EA is good template to create the other EAs.

I am backtesting one modification now. But one negative point with my modification: stop loss is 600 or 800. Too big. But i am backtesting it on M30 back to 2000 and hope that it will be ok. Backtesting is going slowly and just 2001 passed. Five more years to backtest to 2006 (few more hours). No stop loss till now. But it we have stop loss even once it will not be good. Will see.

If backtesting is ok I will post it as it may be good template to create the other EAs also. Because we may insert almost any indicator inside this EA for signals, to filter and so on and create as many modifications as we want.

I am not good coder and can not code any indicator inside EA but I can do it with most of the indicators as icustom. So we need just a system with charts/images (just for me because I must understand) and I may do it.

It is very preliminary version. I am not really happy because of stop loss. Will modify this version tomorrow.

Files:

lomme:

So it is not closed.

Your Proberly right.

But it sound wierd that close[0] is on currenct bar as you can't call it closed as it is not closed yet. hehe

newdigital:
It is very preliminary version. I am not really happy because of stop loss. Will modify this version tomorrow.

I am testing the 9th version. Because idea to recover deposit size using some scalper is good. I am not sure that I can create it but if so I will post of course.

It is my last version. I am doing it for EURUSD M15. Still need to be improved. But it is something we can start with.

NewDigital,

I tried backtesting it, but it is very slow - just one week of trades after 20 mins on the backtester. Could Igorad take a look at the code and try to see how it could be made to test faster please?

Thanks

Reason: