Simple and Profitable - page 8

Arctic4x:
Hi

You open the Navigator window (Ctrl+N) and drag and drop the indicator from there.

If that do not work you can try the template posted by COTtrader in post 59

Hope this helps

Arctic4x

Thank you so very much, now I know what I was doing wronge. I now i able to to did. Thanks again.

Peace

HerbertH:
I think Firedave left this in by accident; it doesn't belong in this EA.

The TimeFilter is a non-working option because the CCI should be taken around day change (by comparing the one before 24:00 and the one after)

If the EA is allowed to trade (say from 07:00 to 23:00) it will start by taking the previous bar CCI value (the one from 06:00) and then compare it to the CCI value of 07:00.

When you understand the CCI trading strategy, you will realize that setting the time restriction will result in non-operational values and therefore you are not seeing any trades.

Apart from the fact that the current EA is not capable of doing this, why do you think it will be more profittable when you restrict the trading time window?

Hi Herbert, you are right. The time filter should not be there. It is a different story if we don't like to use 00.00 as the daily time reference. Thanks for the correction

Forgot the indi , some one can FIX the mtf CCI LIKE these ? cheers

Files:

firedave:
Hi Herbert, you are right. The time filter should not be there. It is a different story if we don't like to use 00.00 as the daily time reference. Thanks for the correction

So what was the fix for the EA. Just change the time to 0:00 hours?

Peace out

smalltalk:
hi all

after this long threads.... can any one show us detailed statement from forward testing..

thx

I make a spreadsheet for 2 months data. I have it in my other system and I need to kix it first before i can pull the file out. But as soon I do that I will let you know. So there will be a differance in net result. +/-5 pip

The method looks very interesting and profitable in simpliest bakcktest. Good job stevenali.

However, all version of mtf cii posted here have the same error code.

Pls, compare with my version coded according Igorad suggestions.

Files:
mtf_cci.mq4  4 kb

AliT:
Hi,

This is my understanding of what you do.

At gmt+7 you look at your hourly chart with MTF CCI(1440). If MTF CCI(1440) is greater than the value of MTF CCI(1440) at the close of yesterday than you go LONG.

At gmt+7 you look at your hourly chart with MTF CC1(1440). If MTF CCI(1440) is less than the value of MTF CCI(1440) at the close of yesterday than you go SHORT.

Your TP is 30 pips or you let it run and close and reverse when opposite signal occurs.

If above is correct accordingly to you, my question is:

Isn't this the same as just using CCI on the daily chart because you only need the value of CCI at the opening of the day and the value of CCI at close of yesterday? All this information you can get from daily chart using CCI.

I think if you are just aiming for 30 pips, then most often you will get 30 pips. But as some as said sometimes CCI will go up but price will go down or vice versa, then without a stop loss you will get a huge loss. I am sceptical this might not work on long term. But fingers crossed.

Ali

I really don't understand; shouldn't the open of the new day be exactly the same (within a couple of numbers) as the close of the previous day?

leightonbeaty:
AFter placeing the first mtf_cci on chart with settings, drag the mtf_cci from the custom indicator list and drop it on the first mtf_cci and set settings for it and do the same for the 3rd mtf_cci.

regards,

leighton

Hi to All,

For Newbie:

How to PUT all CCI in one window using the old version MT3

(FXStation).

Thanks in Advance,

Rene

Philippines

GMT+8

Reason: