Heiken Ashi Idea - page 2

One Flaw Remaining

Nice work on averaging the Ashi.

The remaining flaw, however, is that in a 30 min, 1hour, or 4hour + time frame the display bars are so far away from actual price you cannot guage entry/exit effectively. You can guage trend, but the bars are as much as 50 pips above/below price.

Can we adjust the Heikin to just be smoothed instead of averaged? Perhaps this will result in the bars being actually on top of price.

It may also be VERY useful to code adjustable bars based on range size, not just direction (similar to renko). For instance, to set price ranges (say 10 pips, 5 pips, other).

If not, even just smoothing capability resulting in price accuracy would be a very effective accomplishment.

Thank you.

Very nice

Can this be made into a Histogram on separte window ?

Thanks

Files:

Hi,

I think the whole Heiken Ashi concept has been lost in this. Take any chart and pop two EMA's on it for example a EMA(20) based on the HIGH and an EMA(20) based on the LOW prices... now add this Heiken_Ma thing to the chart and set its Period simmilar to the EMA's used above in this case also 20...

What you get is basically a EMA channel, this is totally unrelated to the real Heiken etc.

I am using EMA channels as part of my exit system, having the Heiken_MA thing on a chart makes it just more visually appealing Like a prev. poster noticed, for entries, this is no good probably due to the fact that the relation to the TRUE Heiken Ashi concept has been lost.

Just my 1 Pip's worth to keep things in perspective.

Happy Hunting !

FX Sniper

Files:
he.gif  18 kb

babarmughal:
Hi Raff,

can you please post this indicator..

Thanks

Babar

Hi...

MaPeriod=1; MaPeriod2=1; You will get Heiken Ashi

MaPeriod=1; MaMetod2=2; MaPeriod2=3; You will get smoothed Heiken Ashi

MaPeriod=3; MaMetod=2; MaPeriod2=1; You will get Heiken Ashi MA

MaPeriod=3; MaMetod=2; MaMetod2=2; MaPeriod2=3 You will get smoothed Heiken Ashi MA (nonsense to me)

THNX

Raff

Files:

raff1410:
Hi...

Step HAMA...

Raff

This one looks like a winner !!

Thanks

Like a old icq user I just can say: oh oh

You turn the bars on trend change raff1410's. You´ve read my mind. Incredible. Been thankful

Step by step...

Hi...

Step HAMA...

Raff

Files:
Reason: