Mt 4 on macs ?!

Hi, to everyone! Its possible to setup the MT4 on a mac who will run Virtual PC ?

yes it works with virtual pc

make sure you have plenty memory

Danger.

I would stay away from mac at this point.

If you use very complex systems which require hugh processing, you would fail on the mac.

Get an Athlon dual core with x64 windows support.

I have heard that the next MAC OS is to support Windows XP Natively in a dual-boot system. This is good news as you can then have the best of both worlds natively and independent of each other.

I am not sure when it will be released, but I know they have had it working for some time now and it appears to be fast. The reason they can do this is because the processors now are Intel and thus, can use this technology.

Just a thought.

metatrader4 on intel macs

hi all

iv started this thread for those with metatrader4 and intel macs.

who have problems and maybe tips!

im running mt4 on my intel mac with an application called crossover. CodeWeavers - Your Home for Windows Compatibility on Mac and Linux

This application allows me to use pc based applications on my leopard desktop,only until now have i run into a problem and its this, i cant change the inputs in my custom indicators unless i open them in metaeditor, but not being much of a coder is causing me problems! any help would be much appreciated!

mike

Files:
inputs.jpg  77 kb

Install windows with boot camp

More simple

yep

Big Joe:
Install windows with boot camp More simple

big joe i reckon il probably have to to do just that

Big Joe:
Install windows with boot camp More simple

big joe have you got this setup, just wondering because i want to be sure that i can change the inputs in the windows with boot camp before i go and buy windows, it probably does but id like to be sure before, know what i mean

patiencetrader:
hi all

This application allows me to use pc based applications on my leopard desktop,only until now have i run into a problem and its this, i cant change the inputs in my custom indicators unless i open them in metaeditor, but not being much of a coder is causing me problems! any help would be much appreciated!

mike

Yonks ago, I had a similar problem using wine on linux, but someone told me that the F2 function key works to open the field in focus for editing, which it did. Maybe it works for you as well. Otherwise you might use VMWare's vmplayer instead of surrendering.

ralph.ronnquist:
Yonks ago, I had a similar problem using wine on linux, but someone told me that the F2 function key works to open the field in focus for editing, which it did. Maybe it works for you as well. Otherwise you might use VMWare's vmplayer instead of surrendering.

Yes, the F2 trick works. I've run MT4 with WINE under Linux for the better part of a year. I had no idea crossover could do it now too.

At least I know now there IS a way of running MT4 on OSX.

MTR4 and Macs

Just reaching out, im am trying to stick with metatrader 4 on my mac, i am using cross over to run the mt 4 now, but i am looking into down loading indicators and my EA. If anyone out there can help with some info I would appreciate the help, If I can help it I dont want to by a PC..

DREWP

Reason: