Bravo for Buffet and Gates - page 2

when Bill said he was giving money away, I decided I was going to e-mail him to ask for some money. $200,000 could go a long way for me but I didn't find any e-mail address when I went to Bill's site so I gave up. LOL . His website (Bill Gates) looks like a bunch of bullshit if you ask me.

Hi All,

I agree with Goldensight and I think the Gates Foundation will do a good job of administering the money. No doubt on the fringes there will always be an amount of graft and corruption. Yet and still, I feel the Gates Foundation will make sure the greatest good is done for the greatest number.

No doubt charity is a good thing. However, it should be done as the last resort. Instead of giving food provisions to the hungry, why not teach them sustainable farming?

moneyline

moneyline :No doubt charity is a good thing. However, it should be done as the last resort. Instead of giving food provisions to the hungry, why not teach them sustainable farming?

giv man a fish,you will fead him once,teach him fishing and you will fead him for life

The idea that Gates wouldn't take the time to figure out how to give the money away is silly, he's a very savvy individual, he would not be putting money into programs, places nor people that would not get it to the people who need it. To give away a few billion per year and not have an intelligent plan to do so would be unintelligent and he does not strike me as that kind of person. I saw him in an hour long interview recently and he's highly intelligent, very humble and multifaceted as is his wife who is his philanthropic partner. I live in southern California and he has an experimental school here in the city that I live in which is entirely built from his donations. cheers

charity with forex

I like the statements you guys have made, we absolutely have to think critically about every charitable foundation and their behavior,

I generaly first do some research about the charity in question before I contribute any funds, I usually go to CharityNavigator.org to elect a charity or find a local cause that I believe is fairly honest in their ways.

I also use a service called FOREX 4 PEACE to make automatic donations out of my trading account without expanding any percentage out of profits (which is a possibility), simply through trading.

Comes out as a good TAX write off too if you have losses on my account at the end of the year.

I'm not giving money to charitable foundation (BS).

I'm sending directly to children hospitals.

Bill Gates fondation is managed by his wife.

Reason: