Coding help - page 663

IXI:

Dear mladen

Thank for your answer.

It is interesting that the EA just checks if OpenOrder == 0, to send a new order. I don't know if it is enough or it should be checked if OpenOrder is > 0?

You also mentioned that the MetaTrader history is not arranged by orders closing time at least in manual. How consecutive order results should be checked for an EA? I have an idea but I am not sure if it is practical. Something like the following code using arrays for few last orders:

Best,

No need for a changed code

All you have to do is to add a condition- something like :

if (some condition && OpenedOrders()==0) // do some further processing

What is the best way to check for bollinger squueze and flat bands? 

Thank you very much 

Mladen can you help me whith connection the .dll which I'm create whith Neurosolutions 6 ?
I want create indicator or advisor what building next 20 bar's (how I choise) based on the same indicator's, what I processed to create neural network's file for example - IFT_proba.dll.   Then let the name of indicator's - IFT1 and IFT2 ...

Can you help whith code which display predicted bar's ( in my version for a Сlosing price - I choise it how predict column  )  ?

here is the sample - it says here that the more you want to create .cpp file -  dll-adapter ...
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/widget/236

In archive:

IFT.csv -  file whith exporting indicator's indication whith names all indicators :)

IFT_proba.dll  - Neurosolutions .dll sample (just sample)

Files:
IFT.zip  580 kb

NWFstudent:

What is the best way to check for bollinger squueze and flat bands? 

Thank you very much 

The usual (and the shortest way) way is to compare atr and standard deviation - if standard deviation(s) are less than atr(s), then the condition is "squeeze" - a quiet period, otherwise it is not - the volatile period

mladen:
The usual (and the shortest way) way is to compare atr and standard deviation - if standard deviation(s) are less than atr(s), then the condition is "squeeze" - a quiet period, otherwise it is not - the volatile period

Thank you mladen.

I recon std.deviation period should be 20 as in the BB, shall i use ATR period 14 as default suggest, or use 20 ATR aswell?

Dear Mladen, good day! help change indicator, you need to show it in the settings line mirror, I know that the indicator repaint, there are some thoughts, I will be very grateful

NWFstudent:

Thank you mladen.

I recon std.deviation period should be 20 as in the BB, shall i use ATR period 14 as default suggest, or use 20 ATR aswell?

If the periods are the same, then all you have to compare are standard deviation andatr

If you use different period for atr then it would not go like that

The assumptions is that Bollinger band and Keltner channel are having a common middle value : the sma. If the sma period is not the same, then the calculation should go differently. In that case the value of the corresponding sma(s) has to be taken into account along with standard deviation and atr. But, using different periods would be artificially adding volatility to a thing where that volatility does not exist (imagine comparing sma 1000 with sma 10  : of course that sma 10 would be "faster" than sma 1000 but it would not show anything about the state of the market if we compare the two). For that reason I think that it is the best to use exactly the same periods for both

mladen

While I'm testing the 4TF XO, I was trying to change your "4pd nlma" to a 4pd XO. It compiles but doesn't chart correctly so could you look at it, please.

Thank you

Ray 

traderduke:

mladen

While I'm testing the 4TF XO, I was trying to change your "4pd nlma" to a 4pd XO. It compiles but doesn't chart correctly so could you look at it, please.

Thank you

Ray 

Like this :

Files:

Mladen

Now that was fast, probably because I had most of it done for you, yuc yuc. I erased that ,4,i) & 4,1) at least 3 times, dum de dum dum. 

Thank you very much for all your help this week and for the last 5 years!

Ray 

Reason: