Coding help - page 560

sunshineh:
Hi,

is it possible to make out of the metatrader the share access mode without changing anything on the application that originally writes the csv-file?

Or can I copy this file, read out the text and delete the file after that out of the metatrader?

sunshineh

No, it is not possible

I have written a fairly large indicator, a multi-talented Heatmap, that works perfectly in Windows 7.

I had to use a multidimensional boolean array, and reset it once each new bar, using ArrayFill.

However, the array apparently won't reset on 2 machines with Windows 10. The alerts all go off every tick.

Are there any special coding "musts" requirements for Windows 10?

Big Be:
I have written a fairly large indicator, a multi-talented Heatmap, that works perfectly in Windows 7.

I had to use a multidimensional boolean array, and reset it once each new bar, using ArrayFill.

However, the array apparently won't reset on 2 machines with Windows 10. The alerts all go off every tick.

Are there any special coding "musts" requirements for Windows 10?

Did you try to use old fashioned double loop to fill (reset) the array - just to make sure that ArrayFill() function is responsible?

Since there should be no required code change - regardless of the OS

OK, is it possible to realize if the csv-file is used by another application? So I can check it before i want to read out the data?

sunshineh:
OK, is it possible to realize if the csv-file is used by another application? So I can check it before i want to read out the data?

sunshineh

What you have described is one of the signs that multiple applications are trying to access the same file (try, for example, to delete it and see what happens)

mladen:

Did you try to use old fashioned double loop to fill (reset) the array - just to make sure that ArrayFill() function is responsible?

Since there should be no required code change - regardless of the OS

Actually it is a four-step loop in this case, and I did try that. No change. I am using the "old-fashioned" init() and start() etc. So far two different Windows 10 machines, 3 different brokers, checked build numbers and general MT settings including "bars on chart". Going to try it in another Windows 7 machine.

Big Be:
Actually it is a four-step loop in this case, and I did try that. No change. I am using the "old-fashioned" init() and start() etc. So far two different Windows 10 machines, 3 different brokers, checked build numbers and general MT settings including "bars on chart". Going to try it in another Windows 7 machine.

Strange

If it repeats the error on a "manual reset" then it looks like array access and allocation error

Hi mladen sir, this indicator not giving the arrows instantly but showing later is it possible show them on present candle ..... thanks and regards

hello,

I have a big request could someone convert please indicator posted below into something like this: http://www.metatraderfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/coron-forex-mt4.png ?

- red square when bar or wick is placed above +4 line

- yellow square when bar is placed between -4 and +4 line

- lime square when bar or wick is placed below -4 line

big thank you in advance for your help

Files:

freakout:
hello,

I have a big request could someone convert please indicator posted below into something like this: http://www.metatraderfiles.com/wp-co...-forex-mt4.png ?

- red square when bar or wick is placed above +4 line

- yellow square when bar is placed between -4 and +4 line

- lime square when bar or wick is placed below -4 line

big thank you in advance for your help

freakout

That is a decompiled cod, but never the less, better that you go to this thread : Value charts and use a correctly coded value chart

Reason: