Coding help - page 172

kenwa:
hi mladen,

could you kindly help me make this indicator be mtf and ensure non repaint past? (because it seems has some repaint/refresh issues/problem) i simplify my need already and suit my intention. many thanks for help.

best regards

kenwa

kenwa,

this is a multi time frame version made as simple as it can be

Files:

mladen:
kenwa, this is a multi time frame version made as simple as it can be

hi mladen,

thanks a lot.

i trial on live chart, it still can see if i press refresh button in minute 1 or minute 5 charts, just wait for a while, and then press mt4's refresh button, the line repaint or shift position, why? but yours previous made version (with check symbol version) seems has no this problem? that's why i previously hope to synthesis your previous version with my version with my need/intent (just also no need symbol recognition functionality or even like this time , do not have any external input symbol function). what make such problem and how to fix? hope to be further help. thanks a lot.

hi mladen, i wish you could help me make slope direction line candle indicator, it will help me alot in boosting my confidence in trading, thanks!

slope_direction_line.mq4

Files:

1234:
hi mladen, i wish you could help me make slope direction line candle indicator, it will help me alot in boosting my confidence in trading, thanks! slope_direction_line.mq4

Hi 1234,

Slope Direction Line is actually a Hull/Hma Moving average, Mladen made a candle version here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174961/page4

mrtools:
Hi 1234, Slope Direction Line is actually a Hull/Hma Moving average, Mladen made a candle version here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174961/page4

Great info, and thanks!

kenwa:
hi mladen,

thanks a lot.

i trial on live chart, it still can see if i press refresh button in minute 1 or minute 5 charts, just wait for a while, and then press mt4's refresh button, the line repaint or shift position, why? but yours previous made version (with check symbol version) seems has no this problem? that's why i previously hope to synthesis your previous version with my version with my need/intent (just also no need symbol recognition functionality or even like this time , do not have any external input symbol function). what make such problem and how to fix? hope to be further help. thanks a lot.

That was already answered in one of my previous posts. Please read the explanation of the nature of multi symbols indicators there (since you are trying to get values of a cci from 3 different symbols - and since 3 different symbols do not need to get ticks at the same time). And I told there that some things can not be made simple but you insisted that you need a simple solution. Now the last is the simple solution. You can either use the simple solution or the correct solution that was provided days ago, the choice is entirely yours

regards

mladen:
That was already answered in one of my previous posts. Please read the explanation of the nature of multi symbols indicators there (since you are trying to get values of a cci from 3 different symbols - and since 3 different symbols do not need to get ticks at the same time). And I told there that some things can not be made simple but you insisted that you need a simple solution. Now the last is the simple solution. You can either use the simple solution or the correct solution that was provided days ago, the choice is entirely yours regards

Thanks mladen,

just want to ask somethings or make some clarification may be silly questions asked from a novice like me,

from live observation, the version above on #1711 CCI trial.mq4 ( may repaint or has refresh shifting line position problem; so this problem is not real repaint? is it due to tick data not same for all 3 internal preset symbols insides? (but why the version from fareastol 's syn version i also see in live charts, seems no obvious repaint or refresh shift line problem?do you means the code in #1711 above will not cause repaint/has no repaint element code? or it cannot classify as repaint, only tick problems? do your meaning as this? hope to clarify.

by the way, you mention previous corrected version. are you refer to P.164 #1635, CCI trial.mq4 (8 symbols)or P.166 #1653 from fareastol's syn version(external input symbols?);

yes they are good, i observed in live chart seems not repaint or refresh shift problems, only they cannot allow internal preset symbols calculation(seems the check symbol code restrict to do so at the same time). So that why i repeat hope to request of synthesis/combination yours with mine trial ones. sorry for my English not very good. thanks for patience with novice like me.

kenwa:
Thanks mladen,

just want to ask somethings or make some clarification may be silly questions asked from a novice like me,

from live observation, the version above on #1711 CCI trial.mq4 ( may repaint or has refresh shifting line position problem; so this problem is not real repaint? is it due to tick data not same for all 3 internal preset symbols insides? (but why the version from fareastol i also see in live charts, no obvious repaint or refresh shift line problem?do you means the code in #1711 above will not cause repaint/has no repaint element code? or it cannot classify as repaint, only tick problems? do your meaning as this? hope to clarify.

by the way, you mention previous corrected version. are you refer to P.164 #1635, CCI trial.mq4 (8 symbols)or P.166 #1653 from fareastol's syn version(external input symbols?);

yes they are good, i observed in live chart seems not repaint or refresh shift problems, only they cannot allow internal preset symbols calculation(seems the check symbol code restrict to do so at the same time). So that why i repeat hope to synthesis/combination yours with mine trial ones. sorry for my English not very good. thanks for patience with novice like me.
Imagine this :
- current chart -> no tick

- symbol 1 -> new tick

- symbol 2 -> new tick

- symbol 3 -> new tick

What will happen when you press refresh?

When working with multiple symbols that is a usual situation. Even more, you can get a situation that on current chart n bars are changed and on some foreign symbol x bars are changed. If you do not chose the greater of the two, you will get a repainting. So, when working with multiple symbols, there is no simple way to do a task of synchronization - and the code can not be simple

mladen:
Imagine this :
- current chart -> no tick

- symbol 1 -> new tick

- symbol 2 -> new tick

- symbol 3 -> new tick

thanks to your insight, from live observation, it usually will line shift backwards seems to provide earlier signals after-the-fact (when i press refresh button occasionally/ periodically), so do you have any possible cure to this phenomenon of repainting/refresh shift problem?

but quite strange, why fareastol syn external 3 symbols i observe in chart seems no obvious repainting refresh issue? thanks for patience to my messages

kenwa:
Great insight, so do you have any cure to this phenomenon of repainting? but quite strange, why fareastol syn external 3 symbols i observe in chart seems no obvious repainting refresh issue? thanks for patience to my messages

kenwa

As fareastol himself told in this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385/page111 it is a modified indicator from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174385/page109

And I will repeat : there is no simple way to do all that

Reason: