Coding help - page 82

Hi,

I have a EA which is 50% automatic, 50% manual. So I am drawing manually trendlines and this EA is working according to these lines. That EA is not made by me, thats why I need some help with that. I tested this EA for last 6 months on demo account with positive results, but with small profits. Finally I decided to try it on the real account. I tried Forex.com and Oanda MT4 platforms, but on both of them I got only OrderSend error 130. Of course everybody knows what is this problem about, but I am not so good with coding to fix it. I was wondering if there is somebody who can fix this EA (so it works for real accounts) for me and how much this can cost to me?

Thanks in a advance.

tiiniz:
Hi,

I have a EA which is 50% automatic, 50% manual. So I am drawing manually trendlines and this EA is working according to these lines. That EA is not made by me, thats why I need some help with that. I tested this EA for last 6 months on demo account with positive results, but with small profits. Finally I decided to try it on the real account. I tried Forex.com and Oanda MT4 platforms, but on both of them I got only OrderSend error 130. Of course everybody knows what is this problem about, but I am not so good with coding to fix it. I was wondering if there is somebody who can fix this EA (so it works for real accounts) for me and how much this can cost to me?

Thanks in a advance.

It simply has to be coded to work on ECN/STP like brokers. Which means : to open order with stop loss and take profit set to 0 and only when an order is opened modify to to desired stop loss and / or take profit

mladen:
It simply has to be coded to work on ECN/STP like brokers. Which means : to open order with stop loss and take profit set to 0 and only when an order is opened modify to to desired stop loss and / or take profit

Yess, thanks for helping me, but when I open the code of course I can find those places where EA is opening orders, but I can find that in few places. EA opens orders with few settings and I am affraid that if I change something than its not working at all Its even 100% impossible to tell if these are the right places for opening orders.

tiiniz:
Yess, thanks for helping me, but when I open the code of course I can find those places where EA is opening orders, but I can find that in few places. EA opens orders with few settings and I am affraid that if I change something than its not working at all Its even 100% impossible to tell if these are the right places for opening orders.

tiiniz

Usually people post a code that is troubling them

If you do not post the code that is causing you problems, all you can get is a general answer what should be done since there is no way how someone can guess what code are you using. If you can not post the code the best answer I can give you is the one from previous post + : it should be done on each and every place where you find OrderSend() function

all the best

thanks for general guidelines is it enough with a part from code? since all code is on 15 MS Word pages

Like this?

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, a_lots_4, a_price_12, slip, StopLong(ad_20, ai_28), TakeLong(a_price_12, ai_32), a_comment_36, MagicNumber, 0, CLR_NONE)

yes, and I found OrderSend() function in 8 places. Is it possible to see from this small part of the code if this can generate Error130?

tiiniz:
thanks for general guidelines is it enough with a part from code? since all code is on 15 MS Word pages Like this?

OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, a_lots_4, a_price_12, slip, StopLong(ad_20, ai_28), TakeLong(a_price_12, ai_32), a_comment_36, MagicNumber, 0, CLR_NONE)

yes, and I found OrderSend() function in 8 places. Is it possible to see from this small part of the code if this can generate Error130?

As a rule of thumb, when broker is ECN/STP then a new order should be opened the following way (giving an example for buy):

int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, lots, price, slippage, 0, 0, comment, magicNumber, 0, CLR_NONE);

if (ticket>-1)

OrderModify(ticket,OrderOpenPrice(),stopLossToUse,takeProfitToUse,0,CLR_NONE);

mladen:
As a rule of thumb, when broker is ECN/STP then a new order should be opened the following way (giving an example for buy):
int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, lots, price, slippage, 0, 0, comment, magicNumber, 0, CLR_NONE);

if (ticket>-1)

OrderModify(ticket,OrderOpenPrice(),stopLossToUse,takeProfitToUse,0,CLR_NONE);

WOW, now its starting to feel like its something I can do actually by myself I will try to re-write these lines tomorrow, then we can what happens.

mladen, can you please take a look if this can probably work?

Original code:

li_ret_44 = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, a_lots_4, a_price_12, slip, StopLong(ad_20, ai_28), TakeLong(a_price_12, ai_32), a_comment_36, MagicNumber, 0, CLR_NONE);

Edited code:

li_ret_44 = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, a_lots_4, a_price_12, slip, 0, 0, a_comment_36, MagicNumber, 0, CLR_NONE);

if (li_ret_44>-1)

OrderModify(li_ret_44,OrderOpenPrice(),StopLong(ad_20, ai_28), TakeLong(a_price_12, ai_32),0,CLR_NONE);

I found that variable "li_ret_44" is defined as Int.

Thanks!

tiiniz:
mladen, can you please take a look if this can probably work?

Original code:

li_ret_44 = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, a_lots_4, a_price_12, slip, StopLong(ad_20, ai_28), TakeLong(a_price_12, ai_32), a_comment_36, MagicNumber, 0, CLR_NONE);

Edited code:

li_ret_44 = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, a_lots_4, a_price_12, slip, 0, 0, a_comment_36, MagicNumber, 0, CLR_NONE);

if (li_ret_44>-1)

OrderModify(li_ret_44,OrderOpenPrice(),StopLong(ad_20, ai_28), TakeLong(a_price_12, ai_32),0,CLR_NONE);

I found that variable "li_ret_44" is defined as Int.

Thanks!

tiiniz

It should work

Hi Mladen,

I know on the web there are a lot of automatic fibonacci indicators.............but I would like have 2 separate indicators,one for support and one for resistence:

1) NAME: FIBO SUPP

A) input for highest high of the last N BAR and input for lowest low of the last N BAR

B) input for 9 fibonacci level

C) input for style (point...line)

D) input for color

2) FIBO RES

A) input for highest high of the last N BAR and input for lowest low of the last N BAR

B) input for 9 fibonacci level (false/true)

C) input for style (point...line)

D) input for color

I code Fibo SUPP and Fibo RES in metastock language......here it is for supp....

hi:=HHV(H,100);

lo:=LLV(L,180);

BeginPlot:=C>0;

ValueWhen(1,BeginPlot,(hi-(hi-lo)*.236));

ValueWhen(1,BeginPlot,((hi-lo)*.382)+lo);

ValueWhen(1,BeginPlot,(hi-(hi-lo)*.4142));

ValueWhen(1,BeginPlot,((hi-lo)*.5)+lo);

ValueWhen(1,BeginPlot,((hi-lo)*.618)+lo);

ValueWhen(1,BeginPlot,(hi-(hi-lo)*.786));

lo;

hi;

I want these fibonacci levels: