Robust System

Hey,

There is no right answer to my next question, but let me know your thoughts:

How robust should a system be before you back it with money?

I have developed a system in wealth-lab for the EURUSD that doesnt include any changeable variables, such as MA values ect, and is quite simple, but very robut.

The way it is contructed means that results where in no way due to curve fitting. It trades profitably every year in the last 5 years on 30 min bars and 60 min bars. BUT it only pretty much breaks even when traded on daily bars on the EURUSD.

It even tests well on all 30 stocks of the DOW 30 for the last 20 years. My question is how robust should a system be before you put real money behind it?

Your system is robust enough in my opinion. However, how profitable and what are the drawdowns is the real question. I have Wealthlab and know that backtesting done there is far more reliable than MT4. However, be careful of what data you are using and that you are taking care of the spread issue.

Now the sales pitch... if you want it to be converted to MQ4 I can do it for you. That way you won't have to do the grunt work, because you have already done that in WL, and I will get a hopefully robust system.

What I call robust system is system that work at least on live demo. 250 pips a month in a single lot for at least 6 months should be considered good since it mean around 10 pips a day. But this can be wrong though.

Reason: