Problem with adding indicator

Hi,

I tried to add some indicators to my Mt4 but it seems that they does not work at all. Any one can tell me what should I do? I have added many indicators before and they all works good. But this time....

I have attached the indicator files that do not work on my mt4. HOpe any one can help me

Shiningstar

shingstar,

do this:

open your expert advisors (the indicator symbol next to :expert advisors"), find your indicators on the left hand side drop down windows, open them up and 1 at a time, click compile, close, restart, and voila - they should be there.

Pip Trip:
shingstar,

do this:

open your expert advisors (the indicator symbol next to :expert advisors"), find your indicators on the left hand side drop down windows, open them up and 1 at a time, click compile, close, restart, and voila - they should be there.

Thanks very much for your help. I have attached my MT4. I have found the expert advisors icon on the left navigator. Did you mean these files are used in the expert advisors, they are not indicators? . When I double click the golden cross indicator, I found that there did be a window jumped out but after click ok. Nothing but some white words on the corner of the screen

Sorry, they're indicators. Once you open up the expert advisors, I meant to say on the RIGHT hand side you'll find your indicators. It looks like you saved them in your experts originally rather than experts - indicators.

Also, you have to open the expert advisors window and NOT the navigator window. This is 4 buttons to the right of the navigator. Open up, go to the right, find your indicator, open, compile, close, restart.

Pip Trip:
Sorry, they're indicators. Once you open up the expert advisors, I meant to say on the RIGHT hand side you'll find your indicators. It looks like you saved them in your experts originally rather than experts - indicators. Also, you have to open the expert advisors window and NOT the navigator window. This is 4 buttons to the right of the navigator. Open up, go to the right, find your indicator, open, compile, close, restart.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. But could you attach a picture of what you mean?

I only can open the navigator window and there is only one button on the top pf my screen. When I click it nothing turn up.

or could you tell me the reason why I can not use these indicator while I can use other indicator I installed the same way.--to the fold named "indicator" under "expert".

shiningstar:

Hi,

I tried to add some indicators to my Mt4 but it seems that they does not work at all. Any one can tell me what should I do? I have added many indicators before and they all works good. But this time....

I have attached the indicator files that do not work on my mt4. HOpe any one can help me

Shiningstar

Hi shiningstar,

GoldenCross.mq4 is EA. It is not an indicator.

This EA is using two EMAs crossing: 50 and 200.

EA will buy if:

- 50 EMA on the second closed bar < 200 EMA on 2dn closed bar;

and

- 50 EMA on 1st closed bar > 200 EMA on 1st closed bar;

and

- and close price of 1st (previous) bar < closed price of 0 (current) bar

and

- do not re-order within 10 minutes.

shiningstar:

Hi,

Shiningstar

As to MA_Crossover_Signal_VoiceAlert.mq4 so it is indicator but as i remember MT4 does not have SpeechText function anymore. So this indocator will keep silence.

This indicator is the same (MA_Crossover_Signal.mq4). SpeechText was removed from MT4 (I mean this function).

Try to find MA thread in MT4 indicators section. There are a lot of indicators and you may use right one instead of yours.

sorry I couldn't have been of further assistance shiningstar.

Thanks all for your help. I will try to find other indicators in this forum

newdigital:
Hi shiningstar,

GoldenCross.mq4 is EA. It is not an indicator.

This EA is using two EMAs crossing: 50 and 200.

EA will buy if:

- 50 EMA on the second closed bar < 200 EMA on 2dn closed bar;

and

- 50 EMA on 1st closed bar > 200 EMA on 1st closed bar;

and

- and close price of 1st (previous) bar < closed price of 0 (current) bar

and

- do not re-order within 10 minutes.

wow, this is really helpful! Thanks so much for your explanation! Even though I do not know how to use the expert, I can analysis by myself with the two ema Thanks again!

Shiningstar

Reason: