EA not appearing on MT4 once I moved it to expert folder.

Hi guys,

When I copy the EA to the expert folder, it doesn't seem to appear on the MT4. Even when I refresh it just disappears from the Expert folder.

Place EA to experts folder and compile it in MetaEditor (if it is source code EA).

How do I compile it in metaeditor?

Moneeb Aziz:
How do I compile it in metaeditor?

Place your source code EA's file in experts folder, after that - open MetaEditor, find this file on the left side, and click "Compile"

MetaEditor is providing you with ex4 (or ex5) file - read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/277762#comment_8589591
Use tips in the Freelance service!
Use tips in the Freelance service!
  • www.mql5.com
To improve the convenience of our services, we have added tips on the most frequent Customer issues in the Freelance...

I am having the same issue.  I placed the EA file .ex4 in the expert folder, but it is not showing up in meta editor.

tfalcon I placed the EA file .ex4 in the expert folder, but it is not showing up in meta editor.

Of course not, you can't edit a EX4.

tfalcon:
I am having the same issue.  I placed the EA file .ex4 in the expert folder, but it is not showing up in meta editor.
You can only edit via metaeditor if the EA file is a source file (.mq4 in this case)
Reason: