Mobile Trading/Technical Requirements/Automated Trading Championship - page 2

If you set SL, TP etc and shut down ur MT4, they will not work. They are kep not in the server, but in MT4! Be careful.

Ah, yes if you leave ur PC on, and will try to login to ur account from other PC - it will work fine, unless u know the password

EA & the MT Mobile Version

Hi there,

Can anyone tell whether EAs used in MT4 can also be used in the MT's Mobile version?

Thanks!

Hi. I'm pretty sure 'no' is the short answer from what I've read. Not only that, you cannot use most of the custom indicators freely available either - you are stuck with those that are built in.

omelette:
Hi. I'm pretty sure 'no' is the short answer from what I've read. Not only that, you cannot use most of the custom indicators freely available either - you are stuck with those that are built in.

Thanks for your answer. So better keep away from the mobile version or just use for open / close order when urgent.

forexmaniac :

If you set SL, TP etc and shut down ur MT4, they will not work. They are kep not in the server, but in MT4! Be careful.

i don't think this is true,SL and other orders are kept on broker side,those are placed orders and your PC does not have to run.

forexmaniac:
deepdrunk:
forexmaniac : i don't think this is true,SL and other orders are kept on broker side,those are placed orders and your PC does not have to run.

Correct. ONLY for Trailing Stop you need to keep your MetaTrader on. For everything else, you don't, since its keept on the broker side (on the server).

I LOVE

server side

deepdrunk:
forexmaniac : i don't think this is true,SL and other orders are kept on broker side,those are placed orders and your PC does not have to run.

That's right...SL ,TP and other orders except EA are server side scripting ..you can shutdown your pc and those order still running on broker side...

=================

Forex Indicators Collection

2 questions

1. Can you stop the EA from windows mobile?

2. Does MT4 Windows Mobile version work on any cell phone that is Windows Mobile? Even the small ones with Windows Mobile 5? Or is it just for phone PDAs? I am confused because I was reading on metaquotes site something about MT4 for Smart Phones not being released yet. But I thought Windows Mobile phones are smart phones? Or is MT4 for Smart Phones for non-windows phone OSes?

Ok I never modified the TS of an account working on PC from the Mobile, and I know that in the standard MT4 it need to be conected to make the TS work

BUT I got a demo account in my MT4 mobile (only in the mobile) and if I set a TS and turn off the mobile it still keep working

Because that I know the TS should be a server side in the MT4 Mobile

Reason: