Universal MA Cross EA - page 32

Enhancement Request

Hi firedave,

Could you add filters for RSI and Damiani_volatmeter.mq4? This would allow the EA to check them before opening an order, which would greatly improve the win ratio

Please see the attachment for the DAMIANI indicator.

P.S. Adding the Hull Trend indicator would be awesome as well

Files:

I think that is a terrific idea. I personally use Juice rather than Damiani but the principle is the same. Either filter should help keeping us out of low vol whipsaws.

jerzhere:
Hi firedave,

Could you add filters for RSI and Damiani_volatmeter.mq4? This would allow the EA to check them before opening an order, which would greatly improve the win ratio

Please see the attachment for the DAMIANI indicator.

P.S. Adding the Hull Trend indicator would be awesome as well

It seems to me that Firedave has left this place.

My 5 cents:

As for EA - it is a perfected simple EA with just enough tweaks and above all, its tested and reliable.

There is a bunch of folks having ideas to add into EA; EA code seems open and all you need is Firedave permission or maybe Newdigital blessing for hiring a coder who would employ ideas into new product, if you are all so interested.

Error message -- umatched data error?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run FireDave's universal MA cross EA but I get the following error message even though the EA loads successfully

ERROR: Test Generator: unmatched data error (high value ########) or

Test Generator unmatched data error (volume limit #####)

Hope someone can help....

Thanks in advance.

Don

0425:
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run FireDave's universal MA cross EA but I get the following error message even though the EA loads successfully

ERROR: Test Generator: unmatched data error (high value ########) or

Test Generator unmatched data error (volume limit #####)

Hope someone can help....

Thanks in advance.

Don

Ok, will move this post the FireDave's universal MA cross EA

Success Setting

I like this EA, exactly what I was looking for....so could we talk a litle more about the success settings and back testing ?

thanks

mudar:
....so could we talk a litle more about the success settings and back testing...

I hear you as I would say that a year ago... It is by all means great EA and as far as I go, it is complete system for MA crossing - but for me thats it, not profitable as it is. IMO for this system to be successful, it has to be in semi-auto mode and coupled with another indy to capture the right hi-probability trades and evade false ones. But by all means, negate/ignore me, it will be the best school and experience for you to do so.

i had fwd test this ea, really good and fast responds depend on MA we r choosing.but i have a little prob here.

1. this ea not open any trade after 1 trade close.

ex : market is bullish, my buy post now TP @ 20 pips.after that market still bullish but no trade. i had read all manual and read all this forum.the setting is ok.maybe have a little bugs at Multiple Open Trade Setting.

2. need other signal for good exit.not ma base.i have make money from this ea with manual exit.luv it.

thanks.

my2cent.

EA for this system

hi,

i need a little help to configurate this Ea for this sytstem

Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication ( Elite )

can anyone help

thanks in advance

How to fix EA to Take 1 Trade Per Cross

You must set your MaxLookUp to zero so that it disables this feature. Otherwise, it will open a new trade after your profit target is hit or your stop loss is hit as long as there is no cross in the opposite direction and you have not exceeded the amount of candles for your MaxLookUp. For examples, say you set MaxLookUp to 6, but your trades hits the take profit on the 3rd candle after the cross occurs. The EA would open up a new trade in the same direction of the one that just closed when the 4th candle opens because you still have not exceeded the 6th candle of your MaxLookUp.

Hope this makes sense.

Reason: