Backtesting/Optimization - page 63

5 Digit Account Compatability Fix

pulinmt:
Hello! Any way to make this EA work on 5 digits brokers?(adding a 0 to all settings doesn't work) Thank you.

Hello pulinmt,

Please review clarification for this simple fix explained on post #67.

Backtesting Help Please

Update 5/25 - I figured this out. When I delete the .hst files from the MT4 install, then download historical data (the same way as in NewDigital's video), I get 90% modeling quality. Now, on to figuring out optimization

I've seen a few people post questions just like the ones I have, but it appears the answers weren't posted...my apologies if this has been answered before.

I went through the two backtest videos step by step, updating history for EURUSD H1, and setting up Firedave's MACD Histogram v2 EA with EURUSD H1. I put the iMACD indicator in the indicator folder (as indicated by firedave, it's needed for this EA). Compiled the EA and indicator, no errors, they're in the right folders.

I ran the backtest.

Data below...can someone give me some insight as to what I'm not doing/doing wrong?

Result: Modeling Quality = n/a;

In the journal for the test run I get a long list of errors all like this sample (there are quite a few and they all look like this):

"2009.05.22 06:41:57 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 1660 at 2009.04.03 16:00 exceeded)"

Following the errors, I get a list of entries that look like trades (in the journal) (this is a sample, there are many very similar to this set):

"2009.05.22 06:41:58 2008.01.31 06:00 MACD Histogram_v2 EURUSD,H1: STOP AND REVERSE !

2009.05.22 06:41:58 2008.01.31 06:00 MACD Histogram_v2 EURUSD,H1: close #47 buy 0.10 EURUSD at 1.4802 at price 1.4838

2009.05.22 06:41:58 2008.01.30 20:00 MACD Histogram_v2 EURUSD,H1: BUY order opened : 1.4802

2009.05.22 06:41:58 2008.01.30 20:00 MACD Histogram_v2 EURUSD,H1: open #47 buy 0.10 EURUSD at 1.4802 ok

"

The graph of the test run looked like something I'd expect.

When I try optimization, result:

No optimization results, no optimization graph

Journal - examples of errors:

"2009.05.22 07:00:08 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 494 at 2009.05.20 04:00 exceeded)

2009.05.22 07:00:08 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.3484 at 2009.05.15 22:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, low price 1.3485 mismatches)

2009.05.22 07:00:08 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.3496 at 2009.05.15 22:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, high price 1.3494 mismatches)

2009.05.22 07:00:08 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 362 at 2009.05.15 22:00 exceeded)

"

Concludes with "2009.05.22 07:00:13 There were 1 passes done during optimization, 1 results have been discarded as insignificant" <--- I get the "discarded as insignificant" no matter how many passes were done (I fiddled with start/step settings in some cases to get more passes).

market

george

can we do in the following way :

for a particular day , if we see market conditions is down ,then we use short optimisation and if uptrend then use long optimisation ?

have you posted the short optimisation set ?

what is the input that controls the lot Size in the EA ?

many thanks

I'm not really new to MT4 trading

I've done a little trading but mostly demo'ing for 2 years with various EA's. I hate to post with such stupid questions, but I'm trying...

I have read and re-read this thread and would love to figure out how to run your EA. I added "vForce like EA Ver. 2.03" to 5 charts. I'm using the "vforce like ea v2 all pairs h1 no mm.set" preset, and I've got smiley faces on all charts.

(1) A lot of trades have been ordered -- all of them long -- but the time stamps on the orders seem to be out of whack somehow. I'm in Alabama (the Central Daylight Time Zone) and using FXDD, and I tried to find a GMToffset parameter. I don't think I understand where to look for that.

(2) Is this EA only set up for long positions? I'd like to see some short positions pop up too.

Any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Johnny

Just check your settings, probably in the trade settings is "only long" activated...

Greets Dago

This EA needs to be optimised over period, if we use the setting in the first post and run on pre 2009 backtest, the balance just waving up and down.

Making EA preference work in back test

Problem I have (not only with this EA) - when I run back test it always uses default settings. If I go to EA preferences and change settings there, EA will execute new settings in forward test, but in back test it still uses default settings. In order to make new settings to back test I have to open EA with editor and change settings there.

My question: is it possible to make changes altered in the preferences show in the back test? And how?

memory

GEORGE :

This EA requires a lot of memory to run ?

one guy says his metatrader crashed

The EA should not use a bunch of memory. It's a simple EA. Try re-installing your MT4.

The EA backtest fine for everyone else. I recommend re-installing your MT4 as well.

The Optimization was made in 11-18-2008 so it should not wave up and down during all of 2009. I recommend switching the EA to IBFX.

Another thing.... This EA does not trade often. Don't be turned off by it though!!! It has great profitability. What would you guys rather a bunch of trades risking capital or a smaller portion of trades risking capital and making more pips on a win than on a loss?

but WHY?

my question is why back test is working for everybody else and not for me. This is so unfair! I add EA to the chart, open .set. And EA does make trades, but doesn't back test, because backtest uses defaults and not presets. Could someone help the situation or hard code latest variables into EA as defaults. I believe it can help others to back test as well. It will help me to see which variables in .set correspond to EA coded variables. This EA has ton of variables and it makes things confusing. I figured most of them, but few , still can't back test.

Reason: