CSV reader!

Hi folks,

I have a tool today that I hope it's a useful for you as it for me!

MQL4 enable us easily to write to csv (Comma-separated values) files. But it's hard to write script that handling reading from csv files and it's hard to make it a fast operation (Just imagine you have a csv file with 100000 record).

That's why I've got a lot of requests asking my to write a csv reader dll in c++

http://www.metatrader.info/node/106

I hope to see your comment and what's else you want me to add to this tool!

As mentioned on other thread, I'm looking for a function to read a CSV file containing a trade signal, then excute the command. The trading signal will be generate by a signal provider, so the intention is to make an auto-trade platform. Please let me know if you get confuse with my request. Thank you in advance

Hello codersguru & firedave,

I'm working on a program that writes a .csv file that has 1 to multiple records which can be executed with a script or expert. To make this work, I have to read each field of each record into an array like:

ordersArray[record][field];

I think it would be very cool to have a function in the .csv reader to read a .csv file into an array. Something like:

int gGetRecordsArray(string file_path,int delimiter)

Example:

int ordersArray[][] = gGetRecordsArray("C:\\demo.CSV",','));

This would end up as ordersArray[record][field].

Is this possible codersguru? In any case, I'll post the final code here for firedave.

Thank you,

Greg

never mind.

any way to get this? the link is dead...

thanks

I will try to find the code and resubmit.

Reason: