Forex Freeway - page 22

Hi,

I have been trying to use this for sometime now as I rely mostly on my CCI for trading. However, I still think that the freeway indicator is pretty much lagging, as most of the move is over before all the lanes turn red/green.

Anyone have any real success with this indicator??

Cheers

Actually, Forex Freeway has nothing to do with CCI other than accidentally. The colored fields flash light green/red as the price moves above/below the 50 period average for the respective timeframes (recall the CCI definition - (price-MA)/(0.015 Stdev)) - so all that 'all freeways clear' means is that the price is above/below all MAs, and that isn't exactly a new indicator. It's very much lagging and not to be expected much of. I think it gained popularity during the dollar decline from mid-April - a period which would have given decent results for any trend following indicator...

But it's a marvellous visual creation - it's just that the CCI/MA will have to replaced with something that has a chance to produce a profitable trading system.

yousky:
Hi everyone

Sorry to ask you for some help about Forex Freeway, but I still do not understand how to enter trade.

Here you can see 2 screenshots, in first I've all 4 red bars and a down trend, what I have to do ? And on the second I have all 4 green bars with a down trend. I'm a bit desapointed on how to interprete the chart

If you can help me to explain how to enter trade on 2 charts I will appreciate

Thanks a lot.

Yousky

Yousky,

Make sure you have sveral indicators on your side, the fx freeway can get you in trouble in choppy markets, try the 2 attached.

With the squeeze enter after the blue dot

macd with the ma lines open

Greetings,

can anyone give explanation please, what does it mean when an alert by Demark Trendline Trader indicator, saying

UTL Break>1.276 on EUR/USD 5 @ 1.2762

Thank you

I believe that stands for upper trend line, the 5 is for 5 minute chart and it is saying that there is a break at 1.276 and currently the price is @ 1.2762. If you do not like those alerts to pop up you can go into inputs and double click on true to the right of alerts and turn it off by changing it to false.

kurt_issac:
Greetings,

can anyone give explanation please, what does it mean when an alert by Demark Trendline Trader indicator, saying

Thank you

elihayun:
Hi

Since this indicator is great, I thought why not let the computer do the working, looking for best way to trade, while we can sit and relax .

So, I created this little indicator. Just attached it to one of your chart, and it will search to see if all CCI-50 for all currencies, pointing to the same direction. The parameter UseCurrentCurrency can be set to true, if you want to run it on the current currency only. If you want to run on all currencies, attached it to only one chart.

To make your trade at the correct time, see other indication to confirm the trade. See my attachment to make it clear.

Eli

Hello Elli.. i'm just newbie here neither in forex.. can you explain how to read your freeway_all indicator..i cannot understand it...at all.. pleasee..

cja:
Hope this is of some use. I have added 2 more vertical bars which allows you to use 1 min thru to 240, the 1 min gives an early warning of a change of direction and the 240 min gives the larger overview.

I have also added another set of regression lines and find them helpful to determin trading ranges through out the day

I have also found it helpful to use the multi TF XO indicators , MACD and ADX along with the Murrey Math lines, and yes the MM lines do reset but that is how they tell you the direction and strength of the move, Murrey Math is more like an indicator than a set of pivot lines.

I almost forgot I also use the modified 4xtrader indicator which gives buy sell signals - you can see that in the top left of the screenshot

forex_freeway_x_6.mq4
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

i cant download the attachment

Downloading attachment

kurt_issac:
i cant download the attachment

I just tried to download the indicator attachment and had no problem at all so it may be something on your computer blocking it perhaps.

goldendream:
Hello Elli.. i'm just newbie here neither in forex.. can you explain how to read your freeway_all indicator..i cannot understand it...at all.. pleasee..

Instead of putting the #MTF Freeway in every pair and every 30 minute (or so) watch them one by one, my indicator do just this. It keep tracking every pair every minute and find out if all the way are clear (all red or all green). When all the TF in one of the currencies pair is green or red it will alert you. That's why u dont have to attached it in every pair. If you want it to alert on the current chart set UseCurrentCurrency to true. This means : keep track on this chart only.

You will see on the chart that this indicator is attached to, a comment telling you all the currencies that have all green or all red. Hope that help

re indicator

elihayun:
Instead of putting the #MTF Freeway in every pair and every 30 minute (or so) watch them one by one, my indicator do just this. It keep tracking every pair every minute and find out if all the way are clear (all red or all green). When all the TF in one of the currencies pair is green or red it will alert you. That's why u dont have to attached it in every pair. If you want it to alert on the current chart set UseCurrentCurrency to true. This means : keep track on this chart only. You will see on the chart that this indicator is attached to, a comment telling you all the currencies that have all green or all red. Hope that help

can we have the indicator

thanks

Reason: